Do whatever you want, man - VIII

10:10 pm

...

1:02 am

...

3:06 am

"Ugh..." Vance groggily woke up, sitting up in him and Bruce's shared bed. He looked at the clock, furrowing his eyebrows even more. "God.." he sighed, getting out of bed. He was now only in some shorts and his tank top, but he still decided to take a step outside.

Click..click..Vance lit the end of his cigarette taking a nice slow breath of the cigarettes contents. It felt relaxing-ish to him. Smoking had felt weird lately for Vance. It wasn't as relaxing anymore. It kinda made him tense, but he didn't know why. Or maybe it was life and the cigarettes are just a way for his mind to blame something other than himself.

"You shouldn't be smoking at your age," the voice startled Vance and he stood straightened, cigarette hidden between his two fingers. It was just Mr.Arellano, and Vance knew he had a point. "You're a little young."

Vance shrugged, taking a deep sigh before bringing the cigarette to his lips. "It calms me, I guess," Vance said, leaning on the porch railing. "What's it to ya?" He asked with a huff.

Mr.Arellano pulled out his own cigarette, lighting it quickly. "It can be addicting," he stated, glancing at Vance, "just reminding you."

Vance nodded.

"So, how'd you and Bruce meet?" Mr.Arellano inquired after a moment of silence between the two, "you two seem sorta close even though you guys are polar opposites."

Vance shrugged his shoulders, "we were put into detention together. We walk the same way and I found out I couldn't go home that night so he let me stay the night."

"Ah, I see."

Creeeaak... "Vance..what the hell are you doing?" Bruce asked tiredly, walking outside half asleep. Vance opened his arm and Bruce huddled close to him, his back on Vance's chest.

"Sorry, I needed a smoke," Vance mumbled, feeling his face get warm as Bruce leaned against him tiredly. "Why aren't you in bed?" He asked.

"It got cold and I noticed you were...gone," Bruce yawned, taking a drag from Vance's cigarette. "Are you gonna go back soon?"

"Mhm," Vance hummed, taking a drag after Bruce.

Bruce hummed quietly, heading back inside. Vance watched him before throwing his cigarette out into the street. "I'm gonna head in, sir," Vance stretched his arms out, yawning in the process. Mr.Arellano nodded, giving Vance a small smile.

Vance sighed as he re entered him and Bruce's room. He locked the door after himself, falling on the mattress next to Bruce, who was half asleep. "Hey," Bruce said quietly.

"Hey," Vance responded back, huddling close to Bruce. Soon Bruce was fast asleep, leaving Vance to stay awake for seemingly no reason. Soon he felt his eyelids get drowsy, and he checked the time. 5:34 am. "God," he mumbled before slowly dozing off.

Soft whispers were heard throughout the room and then the sound of the door softly closing. That's all it took to awake the tired blond. Vance squinted his eyes open to see Bruce stood at the door. "What the hell are you doing?" Vance asked, closing his eyes again.

"Mr.Arellano was asking me a question," Bruce answered, coming back to the mattress. "Sorry if I woke you up." He apologised.

Vance hummed, "it's okay." As soon of Bruce sat down Vance hugged his arms around him tightly. Bruce froze up, feeling his face warm up. First he was clingy earlier in the morning, but now Vance was in the afternoon. "What time is it?"