Get out - X

The cries of an ambulance and several cop cars zoomed past Bruce's house, seemingly shaking the air around it. "Jesus," Bruce sighed, peeking out his window. It wasn't rare, but it sure wasn't common for ambulances and cop cars to zoom through neighbourhoods with their sirens blaring, and knowing that, something in the back of Bruce's mind told him to go check on Vance.

He hadn't really talked to Vance since a few nights ago, and today was Christmas Eve, the day Vance was supposed to sneak in again. Bruce slid out of bed, sliding on his converses along with grabbing a pocket knife that Vance had given to him some time ago. Something in his gut told him it was bad, like bad bad. He quietly climbed from his window, attempting to not alert his sister or mother of his departure.

When he was outside the cold, winter air hit his face, and he tried to avoid patches of ice. Of course, he encountered many close calls of falling as he walked—or slid—on the sidewalk. Though, when he arrived there were still the police cars, only one missing, no sign of Vance. But the ambulance was still there and saw as EMT's pulled out a fat man on a stretcher, who was cursing Vance's name. "I'm going to fucking kill that kid," he sighed in pain. That man was no other than Vance's father.

Bruce could see a red crimson liquid seeping through a makeshift bandage, which matched the same liquid on the man's hands. Did..Vance hurt him? Why? Well, Bruce could see why. That man always threatened and hurt Vance. "Vance must've snapped," Bruce whispered.

An officer got out of one of the cars and looked at Bruce. "Get lost, kid," he said a little meanly, "this is a crime scene."

"Sorry, sir," Bruce apologised. "I was just...looking for Vance?" He mentioned.

The officer gave him a weird look before approaching him closer. "Why, boy?" He questioned. He looked at Bruce with a look of suspicion.

"I...our-" Bruce started to stutter, hoping he didn't do anything wrong. The cop gave him an unamused face which prompted Bruce to spit it out, "our teacher gave us a project for over Christmas break! I was just coming to see if he had done his part. You know him."

The cop stared at Bruce for a moment and Bruce cursed himself for lying to a damn cop. But then the cop sighed as he glanced back, "Vance is heading downtown to the precinct. One, he's needing to be questioned. Two, I'm guessing he'll be our prime suspect in this goddamn mess."

Bruce felt his eyes widen. "Alright, t-thank you, sir," Bruce gave a half smile before turning around, "I'll just head back home now." And after Bruce saw the cop turn around he picked up his pace and started to walk to the Arellano residence. He could feel his heart racing, and he couldn't help but feel as if he was being watched. Watched like he was being looked down upon for what happened. But he didn't know what happened.

Suddenly a voice called out to him. "Yamada, what the hell are you doing?!" It almost sounded like Vance, but at this point any sound sounded like Vance to Bruce. He turned to see Mr.Arellano sitting in his car, Finney in the passenger and Gwen in the backseat.

"I..was coming to ask you a favour," Bruce mumbled as he checked the street for cars. He approached the driver seat window, coming face to face with Mr.Arellano. "I..I need to go to the police precinct downtown," he requested, "can I have a ride there?"

Mr.Arellano, as long as the Blake siblings, gave Bruce shocked looks. "Why?"

"I..can't tell you," Bruce shook his head. He swallowed thickly, taking a deep breath after there. "I just need to get over there quick."

Mr.Arellano stared at him for a moment before looking at Finney who had a similar confused and concerned look. He looked back to Bruce as he swallowed thickly, "uh..sure. You guys don't mind he we take a little detour, right?" He turned to the siblings who shook their heads.