Under The Mistletoe - IX

It had been a bit since Bruce and Vance had seen each other. They had talked over the phone, but that's about it. Bruce had been busy with school, church, and other stuff for the Christmas time holidays. Though, the week before Christmas Bruce's parents left for a trip with Amy, leaving Bruce alone. He decided that he was going to invite his friends over. He invited Finney, Robin, and Billy. But he allowed Vance to come over around midnight, knowing the others would probably be asleep.

As it was nearing midnight Bruce had checked that the others were asleep, and they seemed to be. But as midnight passed Bruce grew more and more worried. He knew Vance wouldn't just not show up, right? He worried that he had hurt himself due to it heavily snowing out, or that his dad had hurt him so bad he couldn't make it.

But soon three calming knocks rang out. Bruce shot to the door to find Vance standing on the porch, a light jacket, ripped jeans, and torn tennis shoes. "Vance! Get your ass in here before you freeze to death," he said, grabbing Vance's arm and pulling him inside.

"Chill, Bruce," Vance laughed softly, smiling down at the other. His nose, cheeks, and ears were pink, and he was shivering. "A little snow is nothing to me."

Bruce rolled his eyes, dragging Vance to the kitchen. "Hot cocoa?" Bruce offered, holding up a steaming mug. Vance nodded and he handed it to Vance. "I was worried for a second you got hurt out there," Bruce admitted as he grabbed his own mug of hot cocoa.

"Yeah?" Vance smiled slightly as he looked at Bruce. He looked him up and down, taking in his looks that he missed oh so much. "I never get hurt," he said, turning away and drinking his cocoa.

Bruce scoffed, sarcastically saying, "and I never get A's on my tests." He glanced at Vance to see him smiling. He smiled as well, sitting down next to him. "I'm just glad you made it over here okay," he said with a soft, caring smile on his face.

Vance returned the smile, looking deep into Bruce's eyes. "I'm glad you invited me," Vance spoke softly. "I was honestly missing seeing your face and all that," he admitted with a red tint on his cheeks.

Bruce giggled, "same here." The two finished their hot chocolate and started to cook some stuff for tomorrow mornings breakfast so that Bruce didn't have to cook for his friends. They made a variety of things: eggs, bacon, pancakes. And as Vance was working on the pancakes Bruce wrote a note for his friends to find in the morning;

Morning, guys. I already cook breakfast due to being unable to fall asleep, but by the time you guys awake I will probably be fast asleep. I made some eggs, pancakes, and bacon, so feel free to eat whatever. There's also some orange juice, milk, and cereal too.
-Bruce

"Those smell nice," Bruce commented as he taped the note up on the fridge. He took in the sweet and warm smell of the cooking pancakes, glancing at Vance, whose hair was pulled back.

"They do don't they," Vance grinned as he turned off the stove and set them to the side. "Thanks for letting me come over, Bruce," he changed the subject.

Bruce smiled, "You are welcome, Vance. You're a good guy," he said, standing up and wrapping his arms around Vance. He let out a small giggle as Vance returned his embrace. "You better not ever leave me."

"Wouldn't ever dream of ditching you," Vance hummed, "you're the best person in my life."

"Who knew you'd say something as nice as that," Bruce teased, giggling.

Vance backed out of the hug, giggling and hitting Bruce's shoulder. "Shut up," he said through a wide smile. They both shared and laugh and made their own plates. As they talked Bruce wished that it could just be him and Vance forever. Sure, he'd miss Robin and them, but he wanted to be around Vance forever. He loved him.

Clank! Finney sat up at the sudden noise, looking around Bruce's room. Billy, Robin,... no Bruce. "Where's Bruce?" Finney whispered to himself. His question was soon answered when he heard the boy's voice downstairs, talking and laughing. But with who?

Finney crept out of Bruce's room, quietly and carefully making it down the stairs. When he made it to the bottom he made himself as hidden as he could, watching something unexpected happen. He saw as Vance and Bruce stood in the kitchen, and he could see a look in both their eyes. A loving look.

Vance checked his watch, reading as it said 4:20 am. "Man, I gotta get home before Officer Brown realises I snuck out and took his truck," Vance sighed, straightening his posture. He grabbed his jacket, along with a puffy jacket Bruce had given to him, putting them both on.

Bruce groaned, but walked Vance to the door. Suddenly he pulled Vance into a hug, tightly squeezing him. "Thanks for coming over tonight," he said in almost a whisper, "it was really nice getting to see you."

"As always, Bruce," Vance replied, squeezing Bruce back. "Like I said earlier, you're the best person in my life."

The two of them shared a small laugh as they sort of backed away. Bruce kept his hands on Vance's shoulders, and Vance kept his hands on Bruce's torso. Vance could see as Bruce looked up and grew a smile. He looked up too, seeing a mistletoe. He could feel as he face warmed up and butterflies swarmed is stomach as he looked down at Bruce, who was smiling.

"So...wanna kiss under the mistletoe?" Bruce asked with a giggle. Vance nodded slightly, which was enough for Bruce. He put a hand on Vance's cheek and pulled his face close, closing the gap between their lips.

Vance melted into the kiss, pulling Bruce's body close. He hadn't ever imagined they'd get to this point, even though the almost did not that long ago. And it was sure as hell the best first kiss he ever had. He liked the feeling of Bruce's soft lips against his own. He wished they could stay like that forever. "That was nice," he spoke softly against Bruce's lips before the backed away.

"Yeah," Bruce grinned widely. "When can you come over again?" He asked, tilting his head slightly with curiosity.

"How about...3 days? Around 10 maybe?" Vance suggested with a smile. He could see a sparkle in Bruce's eye before the boys face fell to confused.

"That's Christmas Eve, Vance!" Bruce sighed, shaking his head. "Won't you be busy helping Officer Brown? Isn't he going to have Griffin?" He questioned. "Plus, my family is going to be back."

Vance scoffed with a smile as he rolled his eyes, "that's why I said at 10 genius. I'm sure we could spend a little time together." He shrugged his shoulders as Bruce crossed his arms. "Plus, if I can't come over then we'll have to see each other on New Year's, and that's forever away."

Bruce gave him an unamused looked before sighing, "okay, but we'll have to be quiet. My parents are light sleepers."

Vance grinned, leaning down and kissing Bruce's cheek. "I won't make a sound, I never do," Vance said with confidence. Bruce giggled, rolling his eyes. He opened the door, following Vance out to the porch where they said their goodbyes.

Meanwhile, Finney snuck back upstairs, shock coursing through his body. He knew Vance and Bruce were close, but he didn't know they were dating. Robin and Billy were still asleep, so he took a deep sigh and laid back down in his sleeping bag. He wondered if he should mention it to Bruce, or pretend he never saw anything. He knew he couldn't tell Robin. Robin would flip out he found out about that. He's already upset about Bruce and Vance being friends, but if he knew they weren't just friends then he'd lose his mind.

Finney sighed quietly as he heard the sound of Bruce coming back inside and going upstairs. He shut his eyes and let himself fall back into his asleep state.

________________________
Sorry if this chapter sucks 😭
I've been playing so much of those papa's food games lately. They're so fun...

P.s: I really love when people leave a TON of comments on my chapters! It really help me decide with what to write for the next chapter & I just love the feedback.

words: 1440