f i v e

Hey guys, sorry about the fact it's been nearly a month since I've last updated, life has been crazy. Sorry for the short chapter, the next one will be longer <3. I made a playlist to make up for it! (I also can't remember the login into that spotify account, so I can't edit it, I'll make another account if I feel the need to)

 https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1XBm197kqrzhwJpQx03h9C?si=02a9f279cf8a4c91

-

"Do none of you care what happens to her?!" Sebastian yelled at everyone. He was furious. Y/n was fighting Ranrok miles beneath them, and here they were, stuck in the Great Hall like a hoard of animals as they waited for the fight to be over. As all of Hogwarts waited in nervous anticipation for good or bad to win. The younger students were terrified, if not crying. The older ones were either consoling them or talking amongst themselves, afraid. The abundance of warmth emanating from the torches and floating candles, once soothing and homely, now added an extra layer of discomfort.

Sebastian seemed to be the only student who wished to leave the Great Hall to help, but it was no use. Before the teachers left to help Y/n, they herded all the students in the Great Hall and cast a powerful locking spell on the doors before apparating underneath Hogwarts.

"Bombarda! Depulso! Confringo!" He frantically shot spells at the Great Hall's entrance doors, to no avail. No spells he had learned could have come close to breaking through the locking charm. People trickled over to the commotion, and soon enough a crowd of students surrounded him, watching in awe as he used up nearly all of his energy trying to escape.

"He might as well be declaring his love for her, you know." Imelda, commented nonchalantly by Ominis. She had sneakily emerged from the shadows, and her inquiring presence next to him nearly made Ominis jump. He let the words mull over in his mind as he watched his best friend try and fail to save a girl they had known for only a few moons.

"I hate to say it, but you're right. He's too stubborn to ever admit that he'd have feelings for anyone. This is the closest to a confession of love we're ever going to get from him." Ominis replied quietly. Imelda hummed. 

"Do you think it is love?" She asked Ominis, and Ominis turned his face in her direction, eyebrows furrowing. He then realized he had given out private information on his closest friend. He surmised it was the unnatural tension in the room that caused his walls to falter, but they were quickly built back up.

"I can't say. I don't see how it's your business in any regard. Though it is my fault for saying too much. Excuse me." Ominis politely excused himself and turned back towards Sebastian. His unwavering loyalty to being polite annoyed some other members of his house, but Imelda was not one to take something like that to heart. Still yet, Imelda knew her limits, knowing she was lucky she got an answer from the boy at all. Though Ominis was aware she had a penchant of needing to know the current gossip, though she's usually more subtle compared to this recent attempt to fetch information. 

Sebastian was tired, sweat dripping from his brow. He cast one last basic cast at the door in frustration before sitting on the floor, an anxious mess. Ominis slowly approached him, offering him a hand. Sebastian took it, standing up with a grunt.

"We do care Sebastian," Ominis started, answering Sebastian's earlier question, "But you don't possibly think that a few students will be able to help her, do you?" Ominis asked when Sebastian finally got up and let go of his hand when he was able to steady himself. At the comment, Sebastian narrowed his eyes.

"I do! And why not at least try to prevent her from dying?"

"We would only be a hindrance to her, none of us could even begin to comprehend the powers she holds."