Chapter 5

Maithilli's POV:

Today was going to be a hectic dayy, I had important meetings in office and then had to go shopping with the Rathore family for the engagement and also thankfully my girls will also be joining me. Arjun though I have no idea what he's going to do but as far as I know, he won't be joining us. I am wearing full black formals today and for that my brother decides to comment "What clothes are these maithu? colour kaha gaya?" My mother told him to keep quiet and she said that these clothes are looking good on me.

 I am wearing full black formals today and for that my brother decides to comment "What clothes are these maithu? colour kaha gaya?" My mother told him to keep quiet and she said that these clothes are looking good on me

Finally, I was done with all my office work and suddenly, I see Saumya, Arjun's sister calling me, I pick up. "Maithilli Bhabhii lets meet in 45 mins at the malll then we'll go market also." She sounded so excited to spend time with me, I said okay I will meet you there. I then called up Ruhaniya to ask her if she's coming with me or by herself... And she told me to pick her up on the way. Swara and Kayra will be joining us directly there. I drove to Ruhaniya's office and then we reached the mall and went towards the ice cream shop where we found Swara and Kayra.
They were bickering about something.
Kayra: " How many ice creams will you eat in a day?? you'll catch cold cough. Take care of yourself pleaseee swaruuu."
Swara: "Shush Kayra you are a doctor, but you are not my doctor and all okay, let me enjoyyyy."
Kayra:" Don't come to me when u fall sick then."
Ruhaniya: "What are you guys even doing?" Then only they noticed us both and hugged us and Swara said "Me eating my ice cream and this Kayra has a problem with that." Kayra spoke " Swara third, third ice cream for the day, that's why I have a problem."
I told them all to leave it as I saw the full Rathore family approaching us, and I was looking around for Arjun which unfortunately Ruhaniya noticed and started speaking in my ears that "Your guy is not here; I know u miss him." I told her to shut up and then went and touched Dadu's feet and I was surprised to see him here. The cousins and all hugged me and said Dadu wanted to join us, so we brought him as well. Suddenly I hear a shriek from behind me and I see Swara going and hugging Vedhansh which nearly gives me a heart attack. Shes not like this at all, new people she can't talk also and here she's hugging him? Then I remember that she has a boy bestie named Vedhansh...... shit how did I not connect this before? Vedhansh himself looks shocked and hugs ger back and Dadu calls her " Swara mujhe toh bhul gayiii" and she goes and hugs him as well while we all just stand there in utter shock.

Swara realized what she had done and just looked down in embarrassment and then Vedhansh introduced her to his family as his best friend. He turned to me and said " Bhabhii So you are Swara's maithu? I nod my head. Cutting the silence, Dadu says "Let's all go inside." Before going I noticed Aditya lost in some thought and Sumit staring at Kayra... OMGGG YESSS finally something to tease Kayra withhhhh.

We go to a lehenga shop, and it's all cleared out for us, and they all bow to us and give us respect and say "Khama Gani rani sa." My whole system paused, rani sa?!! aaahh I forgot I'm marrying the KING of this place shitttt. After trying out so many lehenga's, with everyone screaming prettty for all of them, I am stuck between two of them, one which is Pink beautiful one with golden design and linings and other one being a Gujarati, I loved one which is white and has a green deeply embroidered dupatta which has taken all my attention. Everybody loved the pink one more, but my heart is telling me to choose the white one. I was so lost in thought and suddenly I hear someone speaking.
Arjun: "White one is better, buy that."
I looked up hesitantly hoping for it to be true that he was actually here and helping me choose a lehenga and he was standing right behind me and as soon as my eyes met his cold ones which had some sort of softness in them for me for a second and then turned cold and distant again. My girls started screaming "Of course Rana sa will like the lehenga maithuu loves., "now who are we to say anything since the King has decided what he wants her to wear." I couldn't stop myself from blushing and then suddenly he bent down and spoke in my ear, "So to be Mrs. Rathore, can't stop blushing from such a small thing? I can't imagine how red your cheeks are going to get if u blush so much for this." He said this making me blush more and had the audacity to WINK at me. Yes, today I'm going to die, this all is too much to handleee. On top of that it looks like this guy has come straight from the office and for some reason he's looking dashingly hot.