A Broken Promise

"Way to go superstar! I knew you could do it! I know how to get you out of here. Climb into my chest cavity." He bends down, the chest part of him opening up. "There is still time, but we must hurry. If I am spotted, I will certainly be taken back to my room. I will escort you to the main exit through the utility tunnels. It is the safest path."

"Do I have to go inside you to go through the tunnels?"

"No." The opening closes "But it will be faster." I stay still and he picks up that there is no way in hell I'm doing that. He stands back up. We walk into the utility tunnels, much darker and much worse than how they were when I had to climb through the vents. I slip my hand into the plastic of his, feeling the gaze of these blue eyes fall upon me, most certainly confused. A noise as we near the bottom of the steps, almost like something running. I look around, wide eyes, not wanting to leave the machine's side. I feel so safe around him, the others, I know I wouldn't, but for some reason... Oh yeah, I'm the idiot who literally just fell in love with an inanimate object, this is worse than having a crush on a fictional character, and plus,he probably can't feel love. I run the rest of the way down, not wanting to look at the bot behind the fence.

"Hello? Kid? If you're down here, say something!" Venessa.

"She's down here. We have to go back."

"Do not worry, y/n l/n. Even if we are spotted, you are safe with me. She would never suspect we are traveling together. However, we should still do our best to avoid her. If I am sent back to my room, we will never get to the Lobby before midnight. You should really climb into my chest cavity." I do, this time, scared of what is down here. It's padded, comfortable, conditioned, and I can see through his eyes, battery level is less than 50%, that can't be good. We reach a different section, another garage like door opens. A little beep comes from him. "I feel you are broken."

"Oh... Uh.. Don't worry about it. I'm fine." I say, tracing the bite marks along my wrist and the scratches on my hands. What if he can sense my mental state? Oh no, that can't be good. How am I going to cover up self-harm? Bug bites placed in a really organized way? Rows of two. One row with thirteen, the other with five. There is no way he'll believe that they are bug bites, and the scars...

"No, I feel that something is wrong. I am taking you to the first aid station."

"Really, I'm fine!" He spits me out at a station, no doubt the first aid station, grabs my wrist, and puts a few band aids on it, same for my palm, and wipes a little bit of dirt off my face.

"There, much better. But there is still something. Would you like to tell me what is wrong? I can sense that you are sad. Is it because your parents aren't here?" Thank God he didn't ask about the scars, but that tone, he must know that they aren't there by coincidence.

"It's nothing." I say looking down, not wanting to be face in face with the animatronic.

"You can tell me whenever you need." A hand falls on my shoulder. "I am here for you." A hug, and a tear. Don't cry on the animatronic, that's how someone died, the bite of '83 or was it '87, it was called in the papers. Footsteps, shit. I run behind the little medical curtain, wishing she didn't see me.

"Freddy! You're supposed to be on lockdown."

"Officer Vanessa, I-I-I do not k-k-know how I g-g-got h-h-here."

"Well, you totally blew it tonight, you know. Your systems crashed and you ruined the show. Now, Parts and Service have you on reduced power. They said it's a safety precaution. Just one more thing to deal with..."

"I apologize."

"Ok... Look, we're like 15 minutes from closing and some teen is sneaking around backstage. If you see anything, notify me immediately. I already alerted the others. Now, go back to your room."

She turns to walk away and I see the pair of glowing eyes coming near me, pulling me out of my hiding spot.

"I told you she was after me."

"I said nothing. I will keep you safe. Let us go."

Keep me safe. Only Levi ever said that to me, once, before something bad. Levi, he abandoned me in America right after... No, I have other things to worry about. We walk down another tunnel, into a large space filled with tubes and what not. I never once let go of his hand.

"Where are we?"

"We are now under the Pizzaplex. These utility tunnels connect all the attractions."

"We can go anywhere in the building?"

"Correct. Fazar Blast, Monthly Gold, Roxy Raceway, they are all accessible to S.T.A.F.F. - with high enough clearance of course. Guests are never allowed down here, but yours is a... special situation." We walk up a flight of stairs, then he stops, and lets go of my hand. I look behind me. "I am terribly sorry. The recharge cycle had not yet completed when I found you. You must continue without me. I will guide you on your Fazwatch in case you get into any trouble."

"No. No. Freddy. No. I can't go without you. I'll wait until you're done charging."

"But you must leave."

"But..." He gives me a little hug and walks into the charging stations, the light of his eyes leaving. Fear starts to set in as I stare down a dark endless hallway. Nope. The door. Grab that bag right there and head out the door. I run through, and stop at a noise, looking into the dark room. Chica. Hell no. What is she eating? That can of paint, a distraction maybe? Just toss something at it, but what? What do I throw? Don't think about it, just grab that pebble that's been stuck in your shoe and toss it. It works, run for dear life behind that door, but be quiet. Oh thank the heavens it works. I explore the area, wanting a way out. It's a loop, a way out, of course, but nonetheless, a loop, almost cleverly placed for me to run away from something, or someone. God, Freddy, where are you? Monty from behind a gate. Run. Roxy from somewhere unknown. Run. Chica right in front of me. Run. Stairs, shit. Right into the security office. Shit, I'm trapped.

"Well done, y/n l/n."

"Freddy?"

"Who else might it be?"

"I didn't know you could talk while charging. I need help!"

"You found a security office. You should be quite safe here. The doors were designed to keep out highly-trained security staff safe in the event of an emergency. As long as the doors stay closed, which they will, as long as there is ample power..."

I look at the power on the doors. "Freddy! There's only 15%!! They're pounding on the door! How do I get out of here!!? I'm going to die!!"

"Do not panic. You should see an interface on the security desk. Hold on while I make it accessible to you... there. You can now activate security protocols."

"Thank you."

"Any time!" I press the Fred button on the desk. "Your Fazwatch is not connected to the security camera system. Check the map on your Fazwatch." I look at the frame and switch it to the cameras. "Those boxes on your mini-map are nearby security cameras. When movement is detected by the camera's motion sensors, you should see red alert icons. Switch between the cameras to find a safe path out of the office and to the main lobby."

"Freddy, I'm scared."

"I know you are, I'll be at the lobby. Don't worry." Chica is patrolling the area, oh no. I look at the watch. Go now, hide, she didn't notice me. Good. Run. Hide. Run. Faster. Is she eating? The door, she isn't looking. And... now. I charge through. Thank God, she didn't follow. 

Wait.

Where's Freddy?