Chapter three

Alex keeps her tail wrapped around Kit's in a reassuring manner as they walk in silence. Silas suggests heading to the human criminal village to get some new stuff and gloves for Kit. She is devastated, as one probably would be after being betrayed by someone thought to be a friend, losing her brother, given the death sentence that is fae corruption, and to top it off being banished form home and shunned by her people. Kit looks up to Alex and smiles softly. "Sure." She says, gently squeezing Alex's hand and her returning the gestures as Silas pats Kit's shoulder.

     Just outside of the village Silas speaks up. "Enough with the melancholy. I have some good news. I am not going back to Cicle. She can go fuck herself." He says, his tone a bit lighter than usual. Kit and Alex both spin on their heels and face him. "Really?" Alex asks, overjoyed that Silas is actually going to stay with them. "Mhm. I'll hunt her down when I'm strong enough to confront her to fix this so I can go home. To my mama." He says as the trio begins walking once again. Kit even seems to have lightened up a bit.

     The criminal town called occulta apparentia, or The OA as most call it. This is one of the most shady places to have formed after The Fall. It's in a place that used to be called Detroit. While most of it is typical crimes like money laundering, fraud, theft, black market businesses there are a few who are here because they aren't the same. Some are hybrids, the product of a human and "devil spawn" forming a pair bond and/or mating, or they simply do not loath the magic folk. Humans are cruel, more so than they used to be, but they aren't all bad. Those ones end up in places like these. As unfortunate as it is it's not all bad. The people already there help new comets and they all help the magic folk and vice versa. Places like these are the only places magic folk without human disguises can get decent clothes, food, supplies, weapons. Shelter from the actually bad magic folk as well as humans alike.

     As they all walk in they are given a few glances but none are entirely hostile. Except the ones towards Silas since he currently looks human and hasn't been seen around here before. Kit sees a rather nice outfit in a booth with an old woman and a young man behind it. It was a dark grey button down shirt, black pants with the back of the knees cut out specifically for magic folk or hybrids with anthropomorphic legs, and a bare of dark blue gloves. Kit wanted the outfit but realized she herself had no money. "Alex? Silas? Do either one of you even have money?" She asks. "Yeah. Cicle always made me go buy the supplies since she doesn't have a human disguise and can't even leave the water." Silas says. "'s there somethin your wantin'?" He adds. Kit nods and gestures to the outfit and they approach the booth. "Ma'am, sir, how much for this outfit?" Alex asks, looking down and using extra caution to keep her eyes covered as her tails flick a bit. Silas sees a coat (one a pirate would wear, whatever that's called) and points to it. "That too." He adds. "All together, it'll be 39 rations." Says the old lady. (1 ration is the same as 1 us dollar) Silas pulls out the money and they are handed their things. "Is there anything you want?" Kit asks as she looks up at Alex. "Not really. I've got everything I want at the base." She says. "In that case we should get food. The necessities first then snacks and extra drinks." Silas says, turning and walking backwards to say that much and turning around to walk normally again. "Right." Kit says.

     They get their food and a few snacks with a few hundred rations to spare and Kit goes to her room highest up in the large tree house she built with her magic though it did cause the corruption to spread further up her forearm. Kit sits on the bed near the window and looks at the corruption on her hands, watching it swim and swirl under her skin. At times it is painful, others excruciating but she manages.

     After moping for a while Kit finally grabs the new clothes and heads to the stream nearby and strips before dipping in, submerging her body into the icy river only for Alex to send a shadow apparition of a crow over to Kit and splash her before disappating. "Hey Kit. You doing okay?" Alex asks, sitting on the bank and dipping her tails in and out of the water, stream rising from them as if burning. "About as okay as I can be. Better with you and Silas around." She replies while smiling from the splash and wiping the water off her face. "That's good." Alex says. Kit stops Alex from dipping her tail in the water. "You shouldn't do that." Kit says as she begins to wash her hair. "You shouldn't beat yourself up so much." Alex says in response. "That's fair I guess." Kit says with a sigh.

     One kit was out of the River Alex remains with Kit as she gets dressed, talking. "I know banishment is hard, having gone through it myself, but you lost your brother to top it off and I can only guess how hard it is on you. But it is not your fault I promise. Just, try and beat yourself up a little less about it? I meant, I know it's easier said than done but at least try. For your brother." Alex says, sliding the second elbow length glove over Kit's hand , holding it in both of hers, and kissing her cheek softly before standing to go back to the house since it was about to rain.