CHAPTER THREE - Who.. are you?

Toya's eyes fluttered open and the sunlight seeped through them. He was laying down on a hard surface of red ground. His head spun, but he still tried to look around. Tall mounds of red rock around him. It must've been the place he saw in the distance... but how did he get here? It was quite far away, and... didn't he pass out?

       A soft groan escaped his mouth as he let his head rest on the ground once more. His whole body ached, and his insides burned. Then, suddenly, he heard a soft voice. "Ah... you're awake." A boy with bright ginger hair and a yellow streak was hovering above Toya, his olive green eyes staring back down into the Prince's grey ones. The desert boy wore a chestnut wrapped scarf, a band around his head, white pants, and boots. The boy smiled warmly at Toya, as the Prince's consciousness started to come back to him. Sitting up slowly, the ginger knelt down in front of Toya.

       "Do you feel okay?" He inquired, a slight tone of concern heard in his beautiful voice. Toya stared into the boy's eyes for a moment, then blinked. "U-uh... yeah... what's your name..?" Toya asked quietly. "Akito. Akito Shinonome." The boy's warm smile returned once more. "What about you, traveler?" Hesitating, Toya mumbled "T-Toya... Toya Aoyagi...". The Prince could feel blood rush to his cheeks, as he dropped his gaze from Akito's. The longer he kept staring at him, the more he was captivated by his appearance. Akito let out a slight chuckle. "I think that's a beautiful name, just for a pretty boy like you." Akito commented innocently, a soft smile on his lips. Eyes widening slightly, Toya's cheeks turned even redder. Laughing, the ginger patted Toya's shoulder softly. Akito then reached over to a rock and grabbed Toya's flask of water, handing it to the blue haired boy. Thirsted by the heat, Toya quickly grabbed the flask and took a swig. "Hm... thirsty one, eh?" Akito chuckled. Toya blushed from embarrassment, then put down the flask. Then, Toya mustered up the courage to look up at Akito in the eyes again.

       "How did you find me..?" He muttered. The ginger's smile came back once more, but with a hint of seriousness. "I found you unconscious on the sand near my camp here. My camel sensed another presence, so I went to look around. Then I found you. I took you back here. I'm glad to see you're alright, though." Akito explained. Nodding slowly, a soft smile appeared on Toya's face. "Thank you for saving me.." admitted the Prince. "Ah, no need for gratitude. It's what I wanted to do."

       Both boys stared at each other for a moment, until Akito broke the silence. "Anyways.. where are you from? You definitely aren't from these areas.. and you're definitely not used to the heat.." chuckled Akito, motioning towards Toya drenched in sweat.

"I uh.. I reside in the Northern Planes.."

"The WHAT?!"

Toya hesitated.
"The Northern Planes, yes.."

"Woah.. that's so far away from here.. no wonder you're not wearing the proper clothing. Hey, isn't it like.. crazy cold there?"

"Yes. Well, not THAT cold i'd guess.. at least for me."

Akito shivered.
"Makes me freeze just thinking about it.."

"Easy for you to say.." Toya swiped his forehead, sweat soaking the back of his hand.

       "You know, i'd always wanted to visit the Planes.. but it's way too far for me to travel.." Akito mumbled, his gaze dropping to the ground. Tilting his head, Toya smiled softly at Akito. "Oh? Is that so?" Akito nodded. "Well.. i'm sure that I can find a way to bring you there.." Hearing this, Akito's head perked up and grey met green once more. A grin appeared on the ginger's face. "Really?! That would be amazing!" Toya chuckled. "Ah, you know.. I have a castle there." Smirked the Prince. Eyes widening, Akito exclaimed.

"WHAT?!"

"Andddd.. I also own a dragon.."

Akito's face turned as pale as a ghost. His mouth opened, but no sound came out. Finally, Akito found his voice once more. "W-woah woah wait.. are you like, a ruler or something? A prince?"

"Uh.." Toya shrugged. "I'm a Prince."

Akito's eyes sparkled in awe. "Wow."

A smile appeared on Toya's features. "How about you? Do you have a certain place to stay in, or do you just camp where you can?"

       Akito shrugged. "I camp where I can. For this week, I am camping here in the canyon." Nodding, Toya took another swig from his water flask. "Isn't it.. lonely? You're always just wandering, and the desert is a huge place where one can travel endlessly.." Toya inquired. The ginger hesitated. "W-well.. sometimes, yeah.. but I enjoy traveling and ending up at different villages and meeting new people." Akito smiled weakly. "Oh.. well, at least you're holding up pretty well.. Honestly, it's quite lonely for me too, I stay in my castle day after day.. except I don't really have friends.." Toya chuckled. Akito gave him a sorrowful look, then placed his hand on Toya's shoulder. "Hey, I would be delighted to be friends with you!!" The ginger grinned. Toya's smile widened.

"Thank you."

"Ah, shaddup.."

————————————————

Ayyy a little longer

Sorry if there are so many things that need to be edited, i dont edit much, so please let me know if there are things to fix