CHAPTER FOUR - A Reunion

"So, Akito.. where are we headed now?" Toya asked as he wobbled on Akito's camel. "We are going to a town called Teutlo." Akito glanced behind at Toya, who slowly nodded. Akito continued, "It's my hometown. And, my sister and friends live there. I haven't been visiting in a while, so I thought why not bring you there with me.." The prince smiled softly. "That's really nice of you. Thank you." Toya grabbed his flask and drank a tiny bit more water. He saw his bottle was almost empty as he peered inside. Panic brewed up in his stomach when he thought about how much longer the water could last him.. Thankfully, Akito noticed his anxiety. "Hey, don't worry. There's a water supply at the village where you can refill your flask." The ginger reassured him. Toya, realizing he was holding his breath, deflated with relief. Suddenly feeling a sense of exhaustion, he allowed his head to fall forward, his forehead resting on the back of Akito's shoulder. Akito tensed up, his cheeks flushing. He glanced down at his shoulder, seeing Toya's two-toned blue hair. The ginger took a sharp intake of breath and felt even warmer than usual, but he tried to ignore the feeling as they kept riding on the camel.

The loud woosh of the winds that blew eventually made Toya drift off to sleep. His muscles loosened, and he really became like a ragdoll. The desert boy was the only thing preventing him from falling there and then. Akito's face was still red as ever, his whole posture stiff. Toya's soft breathing was making him blush even more, as well as the thought of the Prince leaning on him in his slumber. The ginger tried to control his breathing, and closed his eyes. Once he opened them, he peered into the vast desert and caught sight of a sign of the village. With a smile, he urged his camel to a faster pace to cover more ground. He took a swig of water from his own flask, and wiped his forehead free from sweat. Today was a weird day, but one he savoured nonetheless. He took another glance behind him at Toya, who was still fast asleep. "You're so handsome, you know.." Akito breathed softly, a smile appearing on his face. Turning his head to the black sky, he marvelled the shining stars and thanked them for this day.

"Hey, wake up sleepyhead.." Akito nudged Toya softly to wake him up. "We're here." Toya's eyes fluttered open, and he lifted his head from Akito's shoulder. He glanced around, awe seeping into his half-closed eyes. Houses made from sandstone were surrounding him, and stalls of stuff to buy were full of people selling and buying items. Oil lamps lit the surroundings, as people enjoyed themselves on this fine night. "This place is very.. lively.." Toya said breathlessly. A grin appeared on Akito's face as he looked at Toya's wondered face in delight. "Welcome to Teutlo!" Chuckled Akito. Toya's sparkling eyes wandered among his surroundings until they finally found their way back to Akito. Grey met green, and a warm smile was plastered onto the Prince's features. "This is amazing!" He exclaimed. The civilians waved at the two boys, welcoming Toya and Akito. "Welcome back Akito!" were all the words Toya could hear. Then, among all the chatter, Toya started to hear the murmurs about him. His smile faded slightly, and he slumped back. Villagers left and right have now noticed him. Akito reached a hand behind him and grabbed Toya's own hand. "Don't worry. You're safe with me. The townspeople here are quite nosy and like to gossip." The ginger reassured Toya, caressing his hand. Cheeks burning, he shifted his head so that Akito couldn't see it, and nodded.

After a little while of riding, the people who were mumbling had returned to their normalities. Akito slid off the hump of his camel, and held out his hand to assist Toya. The Prince slid off too, then Akito tethered his camel to a post. He grabbed Toya's hand and dragged him inside a dainty sandstone abode. Swinging the door open, the chatter inside had dispersed immediately, gasps following the silence. All at once, the words "AKITO!" were exclaimed. Then, a short-haired brunette girl came sprinting towards Akito, and leaped onto him, suffocating him in her embrace. Sobbing, the girl let go and held Akito's hands tightly. Akito kissed her forehead softly, patting her head and looking into her chestnut brown eyes. "Hello, sis." Toya, who has been watching the wholesome reunion, had exhaled a breath he seemed to be holding subconsciously. 'She must be Akito's sister, the one he mentioned earlier..' he pondered. Then, the remaining people gathered around Akito, welcoming him back to their village with hugs and pats. The Prince stood in the doorway, a soft smile on his face as he felt happiness for Akito, but a small twang of jealousy that came with it. No one would ever greet him like that. He doesn't even have a close amount of friends for that matter. His grey eyes dimmed as his gaze fell to the floor, staring at his shifting feet. Then, a hand grabbed hold of his wrist and he was dragged towards the crowd. Akito, who held him gently, introduced him to everyone, and likewise. A girl with black hair that faded into a blue stood with a blonde girl, with her hair tied up into pigtails. Akito introduced them as An and Kohane, and they seemed to be the ginger's closest friends. Then came Akito's sister, Ena, and her pink-haired girlfriend Mizuki. They all greeted Toya warmly, and the Prince beamed.

A meal of proper food and water later, Toya had gotten to know the girls a little more. If anything, the girls were extremely nice to Toya, and he felt delighted. They were asking him questions about where he lived, and how he got here. Also, they were intrigued about Toya's foreign clothing. Toya was sitting next to Akito, who was still finishing up his food. The Prince had never eaten any type of food from the south, so this was a completely new experience for him. The meal was delicious, nonetheless. The girls were chatting amongst themselves, and Toya glanced at Akito. "Thank you.. for saving me.. and bringing me here." He whispered softly. Akito looked at Toya. "You know, i'm really glad I got to meet you today.." he smiled. "Likewise." replied Toya. "Oh, uh.. do you have any place for me to maybe.. sleep in?" Toya chuckled dryly. "Oh! Right! If you want to, you can sleep in my room. I can set up a comfy spot for you, we have hay." Akito announced. Toya nodded gratefully. 'Hay? Uh.. alright then..' thought Toya.

Toya was now laying on his makeshift bed made out of hay on the ground. Akito had something similar, but it was planted onto a wooden frame. "Are you alright, Toya?" Akito inquired. The blue haired boy responded with a "mhm".

"Alright. Have a good night."

"Good night, Akito."

Akito blew his candle, and its flame dispersed into smoke. He got comfy in his bed and closed his eyes, and both boys drifted off into a soft slumber.

—————————————————————
yay its kinda long

AAAA IM SORRY I HAVENT BEEN POSTING AKSNDNKSNX

PLEASE INFORM ME FOR ANYTHING I SHOULD FIX, THANKS FOR READING