Date With The Devil

Since Bora had snapped at her in the hall, Yubin kept her distance just as the Demon of War had asked of her. And she hadn't seen Yubin the rest of the day since running into Siyeon— literally. Not in the halls and not at dinner, and not even when she got back to her loft later that night.

Bora had no idea where Yubin was at this hour, but she knew she had to wait for her, to apologize for her behavior. She didn't mean to snap at her, it hurt seeing Yubin's face when she told her to leave her alone. She didn't mean it— not really.

So she picked a book from her nightstand and waited for the Goddess of Purity to return to their sleeping quarters.

She didn't have to wait long. Within a few minutes, the washroom door opened and Yubin appeared in the doorway. Bora looked up from her book and they made eye contact for a moment, before Yubin continued over to her bed, pulling the sheets back and climbing onto her mattress.

As Yubin got comfortable, Bora closed her book, and scooted out of bed, before walking across the room to close the window then walking over to Yubin's bed and sitting on the edge of it beside her. Yubin looked over at the demon in front of her silently, eyes unsure, but there was a hint of hurt in her eyes.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you.." Bora started, eyes trailing down to the blankets beneath her. "I felt guilty.. because I felt like I was doing something wrong... and honestly I only feel worse now.." she really did feel terrible, she didn't mean to react the way she had, she just didn't know what she was feeling.

Yubin tilted her head. "Why?"

"Because, someone told me about your frankly terrifying ability. I don't want to make you "impure" or something like that. And I don't want you to feel like I'm objectifying you.." she told her, finally meeting the goddesses eyes again.

Yubin smiled to herself. "I know you're not. I already told you, you have a kind heart."

Bora's eyes fell to the bed again. "You keep saying that but.." she trailed off. She didn't feel like that was an accurate description of her. She was the Demon of War. How could she have a kind heart?

"But it's true." Yubin scooted closer to the demon and placed her hand over her heart. "You have good intentions. I can tell." She reassured her.

Bora still felt guilty, and it was evedent.

Yubin frowned a bit then placed her hand over Bora's hand, relaxed on the bed.

"Think of it like this. Intention and action do not directly impact each other. Someone can have bad intentions and never act on them just as someone can have great intentions and do so much wrong. The same thing goes for desires," She started.

"Desire isn't bad all on its own, but once you act on desires that hurt others, that's when it's bad. It's not as simple as having a few intrusive thoughts or objectifying thoughts. It's what you actually do, as well as your attention behind them. Whatever you were thinking or feeling wasn't bad, otherwise, I'd know." She explained.

"Like with the demon of Greed, the reason he bothered me so much is because his intentions were so negative, and though he said he wasn't going to do anything, his intentions were undecided, making them unclear to me and hard for me to believe he wouldn't hurt me. The unknown is scary. It's much easier for me to tell when people have clear intentions." She took Bora's hand into hers, intertwining their fingers.

"You have clear, good intentions, that's why I'm so sure." Bora smiles to herself, eyes staring down at their fingers intertwined before she looks at Yubin again, then her eyes flicker to the goddess' lips, and she stands up abruptly. "Okay, thank you for that then." She says quickly, trying to ignore how her ears heated up when Yubin noticed her panic.