Blessings Lost In History

Bora found a book in the library to start her research of what happened to the past Goddesses of Purity, and after reading the first couple of pages, Bora was upset.

She looks over at Yubin sleeping comfortably in her bed and climbs into the bed next to her, pulling her close and closing her eyes.

She didn't know what to do. She didn't know what she needed to do to stop this. She can't let this "fate" become true. Yubin doesn't deserve it and neither did the goddesses before her.

Bora opened her eyes and looked at Yubin's sleeping face again, tucking her hair behind her ear gently. Why was the world so evil? Wasn't Bora supposed to be the monster here? How could the Gods be okay with this?

Bora held the sleeping goddess close for a while until she woke up, opening her eyes and looking at Bora over her shoulder.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Bora pulls back a bit, allowing Yubin to look at her.

"No, no." Yubin smiles to herself sleepily and rolls over to face the demon, but her smile quickly fades.

"Sorry about the festival.." She apologizes quietly. "I don't know what came over me. Well, I do, but I don't normally let it win.. I just think it all became so real hearing the retelling being retold as if it was just nothing...." her eyes drift away from Bora, displeased with herself.

Bora sits up on the bed and looks down at the goddess. "Don't apologize. You were angry. You have a right to be angry. About fate, the retelling, all of it.."

"I killed a priest, Bora. I'm not supposed to kill for personal gain, I don't know what it's like everywhere else but that's very frowned upon in Olympus..." Yubin frowns slightly.

Bora frowned for different reasons. "You said he had bad intentions.. and that his soul was tainted. Isn't that the exact opposite of what a priest is supposed to be like? Aren't priests supposed to help people? You served justice in my opinion. Why wait for him to do wrong when you stopped it before it could even happen." Bora reasoned. She didn't understand these rules the Gods put into everyone's minds. Yubin didn't do anything wrong.

Yubin placed her hand over her heart, remembering the awful feeling she had when she felt the priest's soul. "You make it so easy to believe you.." Yubin admitted, looking over at Bora again.

"Because I'm right." Bora says.

Yubin smiles at the goddess warmly, but she doesn't say anything.

"What?" Bora smiles, she likes to see Yubin smile. Even if she didn't know the reason behind it.

"Nothing. I'm just really happy I met you.." the goddess says. "The odds of fate are sorta stacked against us otherwise."

"What about destiny? Can't we change fate?" Bora was hopeful that they could. Who says they had to do anything the Gods said they would?

"I don't think fate works that way.." Yubin trails off.

"Why not? I'm not going to start unnecessary wars because fate said so. You could do the same." Bora tells her.

Yubin's eyes soften. "But the Gods don't—"

"Screw the Gods. And their rules of purity." Bora cuts her off. "Besides, aren't you already technically sinning in their eyes? I took you out drinking, and I, the woman and demon, kissed you. And you did kill a priest. You've sinned about four times in their books." She points out with a chuckle.

Yubin just smiles to herself. "I can't argue with that." Her smile fades again, when she remembers something. "But, I didn't do the one thing that may have vetoed all those other things.."