Asgard

Chapter Eight

"This is such a bad idea," Nel murmured to herself as she continued to walk towards the prison.

"What is a bad idea my child?" Odin's voice came making her jump.

"All Father!" she exclaimed as she spun to face him. She quickly dropped into a curtsy.

"There is no need for that. Come. I will walk with you to the prison. We can talk along the way," Odin smiled.

"How did you know?" she asked as she looked up at him.

"I have known you most of your life child. I can figure out with a glance. But enough of that, we need to have a conversation," Odin said swiftly.

"Yes All Father," she responded with a bow of her head.

"You stayed on Midguard after you completed your mission," he said matter of fact as he began walking forward.

"Yes," she responded as she fell into step slightly behind him.

"Thor told me that he made the decision for you and told you to stay behind and be happy," he continued.

"He did."

"He told me of your Midguardian and how he is an honorable man."

"He is."

"I just have one question for you my child," Odin said as he stopped in front of the prison.

"Yes?" she asked looking down at her feet.

"Does he make you happy and make you feel loved?" Odin asked as he gently lifted her face so that her eyes would meet his.

"He does. Very much so," she responded with a smile.

"He may not have been the match I chose for you. Nor is he one of my sons, but I can only wish you happiness. You have this new light around you, and it is wonderful to see you shine. If that ever changes, I will step in," he smiled at her.

"I could not have said it better myself," Frigga's voice came from behind her. Nel spun around and smiled at her. "I grew tired of waiting for you to come find me. While Thor is showing Jane around, I wanted to find you," Frigga said as she crossed and pulled Nel into a hug.

"It is wonderful to see you my queen," Nel smiled as she returned the hug.

"Oh, please call me Frigga, or Mother as you once did. Now let me look at you my dear child," Frigga said she as she held Nel as arm's length and looked her over. "You look so well and happy. I have not seen you so in quite a long time."

"Thank you, Mother."

"I must be off. I have things to attend to. Find me once you are done. We can discuss this love of yours that has made you positively glow," Frigga said as she placed her hand on Nel's face. "I love you, my child."

"I love you too Mother."

"My king," Frigga said with a bow of her head.

"My queen," Odin responded with a smile and Frigga walked back towards the castle.

"I will allow you access to speak to him. But Lithoniel, be careful. He may be in a cage, but he is still Loki," Odin said as he nodded to a nearby guard.

"Yes, All Father," Nel responded with a bow of her head.

"Take Princess Lithoniel to see Loki. Stay nearby. She should need only call out for you to return to her side and remove her from the prison," Odin stated to the guard. The guard bowed his head in return before he started to walk towards the prison door. "Be careful child!"