The Past, The Present and the Truth

Chapter Two

They stood there staring at each other for some quite time. She could feel her heart pounding so hard in her chest that it would beat right out of her chest.

"Steve," she whispered so quietly, she didn't think he would hear.

"We should get on the quinjet," he said as he turned quickly and headed towards the plane.

"I'm sorry," she whispered before wiping a tear and walking towards the plane.

"Are you alright sister?" Thor asked he calmly as she start up the platform.

"I am fine Thor," she said as she quickly wiped the rest of the tears from her face with a deep breath. "Where are we heading?"

"We are heading back to base," Natasha's voice came from her chair. "Everyone might want to sit down for the moment. With this storm we are going to hit some turbulence."

"Did you forget you have the God of Thunder and Sky on board?" Nel said with a smile before looking at her brother.

"Sister," Thor warned.

"It was only a suggestion brother," she smirked back.

"So you two are siblings?" Tony said as he sat down in one of the seats.

"In a way," Nel responded looking over to him.

"Well that is a vague answer if I ever heard one," Nat whispered from her seat causing Nel to smirk.

"I promise we will explain everything, once Loki is secured," Nel said.

"Good, because I myself would like an explanation," Steve's voice came from behind her causing her to turn quickly and lose her balance. She felt arms wrap around her waist catching her firmly before she hit the ground.

"Lithoniel?" Thor's voice came, full of concern.

"I am alright. Thank you, Captain," she said quickly as he lifted her to her feet, her cheeks turning a light crimson. "Can we talk in private?" she whispered to him as quiet as she could.

"Not now," he said quickly as he released her and walked over to sit down.

"O this is too perfect," Loki's voice came.

"Quiet Loki. Or I will silence you myself," Nel said turning to face him, fury written all over her face.

"Of all the people on Midgard to have been on of my captures, it is him," he sneered looking between them.

"Loki," she warned as she began to walk towards him.

"What is Reindeer Games talking about?" Tony asked glancing around.

"O this should be good," Loki said with a smirk.

"Sister?" Thor asked looking at her.

"By all means darling, please explain to everyone how you betrayed your people all for one person," Loki sneered.

"Loki," Thor warned.

"It is fine Thor. He has hurt me enough. His words hold no power over me anymore," she said as she gently placed her hand on his arm.

"Oh, I have more than words my darling. Or do you need a reminder?" Loki sneered.

"Enough!" She said turning to face him. "You will never lay your hands on me again!" she exclaimed as she crossed to him. "I am no longer yours. I do not belong to you," she said before waiving her hand. "That is quite enough from you for now. If you behave, maybe I will let you speak." They all stood there for a moment just staring at her as Loki kept attempting to talk. Nel felt a strong hand on her shoulder and she felt her body relax some as she let out a small sob with the breath she had not realized.