Chap1: Universes Collide

BANG! Another target down. Followed by another and another. The timer ends and the training grounds is almost covered in orange ink.

"HAH! Yes! A new record!" Meggy cheers in victory. 

"Thats-a so nice!" Mario brings out the finger guns at Meggy.

"Im getting quite better now, oh I can't wait for the team practice tomorrow! Maybe its time we get into Splatfest once again and bring the team back together!" Meggy says in excitement. "I... don't really have much to do now anyways."

"Well uhm.. Luigi is still a bit-a hesitant." Mario says, flashbacks when he told Luigi they're getting the team back together.

*FLASHBACK*

"C'mon bro! It will be fun!" Mario puts an arm around Luigi.

"U-Uh..." Luigi stuttered, "I-I don't think getting shot by ink is fun.."

"Trust me bro! You're gonna be fine! Now join or else I'm-a gonna throw you out of da window." Mario stared at Luigi menacingly.

"Uhm-.. I'm not sure-" 

Mario picks up Luigi.

"Time to say goodbye to your liver."

"MARIO NO-"

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"...Still a bit a-hesitant." Mario chuckles nervously.

"Uhm... okay, Tari hasn't responded to me yet.. I'm getting worried, she usually responds right away when she sees my message." Meggy gets worried and checks her phone.

"Oh she'll be fineee. Maybe uh, shes busy." Mario gives Meggy a thumbs up.

"You sure? I haven't seen her in a while too.. is she hiding something?" Meggy looks at Mario.

"Ah for spaghetti god's sake Meggy if shes busy, you probably wont see her that much or at all." Mario says in an attempt to reassure Meggy that Tari will be fine.

"But- I checked her house and she wasn't there, the TV was on and it looked like someone just left in a hurry.." Meggy crosses her arms.

"Oh well- wait. HOW DID YOU GET IN HER HOUSE!?" Mario exclaimed and Meggy just laughed nervously.

"...You broke in didn't you? Or do you somehow have the keys to her house?" Mario raised an eyebrow.

"I swear! Her door was unlocked!" Meggy said trying to convince Mario she didn't break into Tari's house or stole her keys, even if she did climb from the window.

"Uh huh yeah right, like saying you ate spaghetti without cooking it."

After Mario's remark everything went silent and Meggy looked confused.

"What? Uh.. anyways, so Luigi is "hesitant" and Tari is nowhere to be seen.. what do we do?" Meggy speaks up.

"Uh we figure out tomorrow. Mario is low on spaghetti and it's getting late." said Mario, "I can't power my braincells without spaghetti and passing out on the bed to imagine things that will never happen so in the morning Mario will have something to think of."

"You mean sleep? I don't think you have brain cells left at all.." Meggy chuckles.

"What is sleep? Is it a kind of spaghetti? What is a brain cell? Is it a prison for brains or something? If it is then I think Bob needs a brain cell." said Mario.

"Oh Red..." Meggy laughs.

After a bit of chat, Mario decides to go home and Meggy stays a bit alone at the training grounds thinking on the whereabouts of Tari.