Chapter 5: Betrayal

Everything was going downhill.

They lost Lucinia, Belle is in rage and blames everyone, and Tari.. Tari seemed to be less calm nowadays. Whenever Meggy was stressed, all she had to do was to see Tari in a calm state or even listen to her speak calmly. Now, she's getting paranoid and Meggy doesn't know why.

 So, she decides to talk to her. 

Meggy knocks on the door of her and Tari's shared room.

"Hey, Tari? Can I have a minute?" Meggy asked.

"Come in." Meggy heard Tari's voice from the other side of the door.

She opens the door and sits beside Tari who's sitting on the side of the bed.

"Are you alright?" Meggy asked.

"What do you mean?" Tari asked back.

"I've seen you've been paranoid lately.. anything on your mind?" Meggy got a bit closer, not too close.

"Well.." Tari thinks of an explanation, "Its just that this whole situation has been unsettling.. I mean, don't you get paranoid when an old bad guy randomly comes back from the dead?"

"Sure it is.." Meggy nods, "Are you sure that's all? Nothing to hide?" she asks.

Tari hesitates for a bit then finally answers, "Yes.. I'm sure."

Of course, Meggy wasn't sure that was all, but she didn't wanna stress Tari too much or be considered as annoying so the two sat in silence.

It was silent on the outside, but in the inside, Meggy's thoughts were racing at 100 miles per hour. She was sitting close to Tari! Meggy can't help but feel warm and fuzzy inside. No, it's not even a big deal. They weren't very close so why is she panicking? 

Tari on the other hand, had the same situation as Meggy.

Folks, we are seeing two lesbians trying to keep calm around each other.

"How are you-?" Tari asked.

"Fine." said Meggy, she then stood up and began to walk towards the doorway to get out of this damn embarrassing situation. Until-

"Hmm.. I've been thinking.."

As Tari said this, Meggy looked back at her. "What are you thinking?"

"You know Francis has somehow come back from the dead, he's kinda related to your trauma so what if another bad guy that caused part of your trauma is next?" Tari asked, thinking at the back of her mind that's probably gonna make things worse for Meggy.

"I wish the opposite. Lets just hope that we just need to deal with three people and be done with this so we can hopefully go home and live the lives we wanted." said Meggy. She just wanted to deal with this problem and move on like before. 

But not every problem is easy to move on from.

------

"What the HECK do you MEan WE RAN OUT OF SPAGHETTI!?" Mario shouted.

"You ate it all! Not my fault." said SMG3, clearly annoyed.

"Can you guys just focus on trying to find where Meggy and Tari are?" SMG4 sighs after. Inspecting the gem and watch.

Day after day they tried to find them, but all they had were more questions. This green gem that oddly brought peace and tranquility to the holder and a watch that can go back in time? What is this shit they're dealing with!?

And heck! Things got worse now since Mario's been saying about 4th walls and a TV guy. SMG4 was sure he lost his mind.

"MARIO SIT YOUR ITALIAN ASS DOWN WE DON'T HAVE SPAGHETTI!" SMG3 shouted.