Chap 2: Troubles and Suspicions

"Where's Meggy and Tari??? They should be here RIGHT NOW!" Mario sighed, impatient.

"Uh.. maybe they're late..?" said Luigi, "I a-mean you did say that Tari disappeared so maybe Meggy is still a-searching for her?"

"Damn, guess she just can't let anyone be late for practice, or.. Tari is that important to the team." said Mario, "Or important to Meggy..." He mumbled.

"What do you mean by that Mario?"

"Ever since-a we got tped to Wren's wacky simulation, still a-kinda mad there was no spaghetti in the town called WESTERN SPAGHETTI! Those two have gotten a-closer than before..." Mario put on a thinking pose.

"You got a point there... also, what's tped again?" Mario facepalmed as Luigi said that.

"And they say I'm the dumb one here! I'm sure Meggy and Tari will be okie dokie."

But Mario thought deep inside that Meggy and Tari were really not okie dokie.

------

Meggy woke up, still feeling bad that Tari insisted that she'd sleep on the floor and Meggy would sleep on the bed.

She checked on where Tari was sleeping and she probably woke up because that space was empty.

After Meggy did her morning routine, she went outside of the room and saw Sofia and Tari cooking breakfast.

"Oh good morning Meggy!" Sofia turned to Meggy and smiled.

"Good morning! What's for breakfast?" asked Meggy.

"Just some pancakes, wanna help?" said Sofia as she went back to making the batter.

"Uh.." Meggy chuckles nervously, "Do I have to-?"

Sofia looked at her, confused.

"M-Maybe its best to not let her cook." said Tari, she knew Meggy didn't know how to cook, the last time she did.. well lets just say it was lit.

"Yeah that's probably the most safest option here.. heh." Meggy sat down at the counter watching the two cook, or mostly watching Tari cook.

A few minutes later, everyone woke up and ate breakfast at the table.

"Damn these pancakes are good! Like it came from the heavens!" Lamar finished his second pancake.

"Well I made the batter and Tari fried it, actually.. it's still the same pancake mix. Maybe Tari is that good at frying huh?" Sofia chuckled.

"Oh I can't be that good at frying! I just flipped it like a normal pancake." said Tari.

"You're doubting yourself again Tari, didn't I tell you not to do that?" said Meggy, "You're just destroying your own confidence." Meggy takes another bite of the pancake, "But Lamar is right, these pancakes are so damn good!"

"But- I really did just flip them like any ordinary pancake-"

"Well just accept that you fried them like a pro, do I have to think of something to do to you so you don't doubt yourself anymore?" Meggy stared at Tari and raised an eyebrow.

"..no." Tari sank in her seat a bit as she gets intimidated by Meggy.

"Oh uh sorry, didn't mean to scare you like that." Meggy said in a quiet voice, "Don't worry, of course I'm not gonna punish you or anything... but you get my point right?"

"Definitely." Tari looks back at the others.

Everyone stared at the two for a moment and went back to eating.

"Guys, it's just pancakes. Calm down." said Lucinia.

After breakfast, they did what they usually do everyday, just chilling and relaxing. Everything was normal, for now.