Head vs Heart

I should probably give you a brief intro to my life.
I'm Ellie Banks, I'm 20 and a striker for Aston Villa. Or at least I was. My parents died when I was 15 so I've pretty much relied on my best friends Darcie and Lizzie to get me through.

I've loved Aston Villa ever since I was 4. My dad took me to a game against Blues and I've been in love with the club ever since.

I was picked up at 7, along with Lizzie, and was lucky enough to play for the club I'd adored all my life. We met Darcie there and became inseparable. They were my rock.

I never thought I'd leave Villa. I'd look into the future and all I'd see was claret and blue.

I was devastated when I got the news they wanted to sell me. 'It's not personal'
'It's just about home grown profit'
'If it were up to me you'd stay'

My heart shattered. I didn't want to go, I couldn't. Everything I loved was at the club. I had great friends, we were smashing it in the league and I had my boyfriend, Arthur, here.

Remember when I said some of the WSL coaches were at the WC final? Yeh, one of those was Jonas Eidevall. The Arsenal Head Coach. He must've been impressed by what he saw as Arsenal had bid a record breaking amount for me.

I should be on top of the world, but instead I was broken. I just couldn't believe it.

Now to be fair, Arsenal is a great club. The players are class and the fans are unmatched. But Villa's home.

One week later-----

I arrived at Colney ready to give it my all. If I wasn't going to play at Villa anymore, I may as well play my heart out for Arsenal.

Just as I thought I was lost, I heard a strong London accent behind me asking, 'Bit lost are we?'

I spun around and laid my eyes on none other than Leah Williamson. God she's even more gorgeous in real life.

'Uh yeh I am sorry, could you tell me where the changing rooms are?' I nervously spoke.

'Follow me Newbie', she replied.
My phone buzzed and as I reached for it out of my bag the name 'ARTHUR ❤️' flashed onto the screen.

'Boyfriend?' Leah asked.

'Yeh, just wanting to make sure I'm okay I guess,' I husked out, quite clearly flustered.

We walked into the changing rooms and I was met with the entire team. Throw me into the deep end why don't you.

'Ayyyyy it's the new star girl', Katie McCabe joked.

I pretended to look behind me as I got a laugh from the girls.

'Who me? Don't think so McCabe. I saw you banging in goals for Ireland over the break!' I replied.

Jonas walked into the changing rooms and explained the training regime for the day.
Nothing I couldn't handle.

A few shooting and passing drills later, it was time to go home.

I'm about to get into my car when a very excited Beth Mead sprints over to me. 'WAIT!' she calls out.

'Fucking el Beth, almost jumped out of my skin there!'

Beth grins and replies, 'God you're so Brummie!'

'Almost like I've lived in Birmingham for 20 years ent it mush', I sarcastically say, earning a laugh from the Arsenal forward.

'The girls have decided to take you out tonight! You know, a little get to know you type night. Only if you want to though. We don't want to pressure you. Oh god you don't want to do you, forget I ev-'

'Jesus Beth stop rambling, I'll come!' I interrupt.

She practically squeals with excitement as she runs off back to Viv.

'WAIT WHERE ARE WE GOING BETH?' I shout but to no avail. Then, I feel a buzz in my pocket.

Arsenal Girlies ❤️🤍

+07124567234 added

Beth Mead: Heyyyyy, I got your number off Jonas, I hope you don't mind 🫢

Ellie Banks: Of course I don't mind mush

Beth Mead: You're gonna have to tell me what that means one day

Ellie Banks: Some day Beth, some day.
Anywayyyy, what on earth are the plans for tonight? 🙄

Leah Williamson: Meet at Bar 101 at 7.

Ellie Banks: Bossy much 👀

Leah Williamson: Oh you have no idea 😏

Katie McCabe: Keep it PG please girls x

Steph Catley: How's the boyfriend Ellie? 😉

Ellie Banks: Oh shit should probably ring him back, see you later girls!

Leah Williamson: Yeh bye

Vivianne Miedema: Can't wait!

Alessia Russo: Just spilled Pepsi Max all over the floor 🤦‍♀️

Arthur didn't pick up, which was weird, but I got ready for my first night out with the Arsenal girls. Hopefully it would be a relatively quiet one. I mean, what could go wrong?

----------------------------------------------------------

Wooooo second chapter

What do we all think?

Also did you see Villa's 1-0 win over City 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

Updates might be slow over the weekend but bear with me!