Confused

I arrived at the bar with no answer from Arthur. I mean seriously, I move half way across the country and he can't even call me back?

I decided I wasn't going to let it ruin my night.
I arrived at the table of Arsenal girls and my eyes are immediately drawn to Leah. She's wearing a light blue (ish) suit with a white shirt underneath. So simple but so effective.

'Yam alright girls?'

'You what', questions Beth. God I love confusing that girl, not that it's hard.

'Don't worry about it mush', I quip back, a groan of discontent coming from the blonde.

I sit next to Leah as we order drinks. Then, I feel a hot sensation by my ear.

'Liked what you were seeing earlier?' Leah whispered, causing my body to be covered in goosebumps.

'Ehhhh you was alright, nothing too special' I say as I wink at her. I try to cover up how much she affects me. It must just be nerves right? I mean who wouldn't be nervous sat next to Miss Arsenal and the England captain. Yeh. Definitely just nerves.

The drinks are flowing when Lia Wälti shouts, 'How about a game of truth or dare?' This gets the girls excited.
'Children', I say, rolling my eyes.

'Ellie you start!' Lia exclaims.

'Alright... ummmmmm, Beth!'

'Oh God', she grumbles.

'What's your favourite thing Viv does in the bedroom department?' I saw with an innocent look on my face.

'Well she does this-' Beth starts to explain as Viv shouts,
'Absolutely not no way!'

'Worth a try', I giggle.

'Okay then Ellie', Beth starts, 'If you had to choose, who's the person you find most attractive on the team?'

'Woah woah woah, I have a boyfriend Miss Bethany Mead', I say, desperate to get out of the question.

'What if there was a gun to your head then?' Beth says, poking for an answer.

'Uhhhhhh', I scan the table, obviously only one answer comes to mind, 'Probably Leah. I mean she's got the whole of TikTok swooning and her style is impeccable.'

I look at Leah, unsure of how she'll respond. Luckily, she's grinning from ear to ear. Okay cute. We're carrying on the game when I feel a hand on my thigh. It's Leah's. My body feels like it's on fire right now.

I'm trying my hardest to concentrate as Leah looks as casual as ever. Everything feels like it's blurry when I hear, 'Leah, do you have a crush on anyone right now?'

'Ha!' Leah snorts, 'If I did Beth I wouldn't be telling you!'

'Oh come onnnn Leah!'

'Okay I'll give you a clue if you're that bothered!' Leah says.
'They play football.'

'Ooooo Leah's got a little crush on a rival!' Laura laughs as Leah blushes.

I feel my heart sink in my chest. I don't even know why, I have a boyfriend who I'm very happy with and Leah is just a friend. But do friends flirt as much as we do? Could I really see myself with a woman?

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by everyone getting up to go. 'Well this has been fun, we have to do it again some time bambinos!' Beth shouts, clearly plastered.

'It's been great, thanks for making me feel at home girls', I say to the group.

'Ooooooh we've got Banksy!' Katie starts singing.

'Let's get you home Adele', Caitlin adds, whisking Katie off in a taxi.

'I guess I'll see you Monday then, mush', Leah says whilst stroking my hand, a smirk appearing on her face.

'Absolutely!' I answer back, trying not to let my voice waiver.

I jump into a taxi and arrive at the flat Arsenal kindly gave me when I moved here.

I'm in bed about to go to sleep when I get a message.

LEAH WILLIAMSON

It was fun seeing you tonight x

You too Leah,  you looked 10 10 👀

What's the harm in a little flirt?

You didn't look too bad yourself Banksy 😉
You looked like a painting...
Get it?
Banksy, painting
Do you get it????

I got it Le, very funny 🙄

God you've got some attitude tonight
Might need to come and sort it out...

Oh yeh... don't tempt me 🤭

Right I'm going to bed before you get me into trouble
Night Ellie 🤍

Hahaha couldn't handle it?
Night Le ❤️

I set my phone down and my mind is racing. How does she make me feel like this every time? I drift off to sleep with Leah in my head, wishing she'd followed through with her message and that she was here with me now.

----------------------------------------------------------

Third chapter done!

Let me know what you think!!

The next update will probably be next week but let me know anything you want from the story.

First match day with arsenal coming up next... ❤️🤍