5. A difficult decision

In the study that was the one of Albus Dumbledore and of the other Hogwarts Headmasters, the tension is palpable.

Hagrid arrived just before to the Headmistress, Professor McGonagall, carrying once again disturbing news from the Centaurs ... and a girl, who is now sitting in front of the old witch seemingly disinterested.

From the portraits of the old headmasters of the School of Magic you do not hear a pin drop. Professor McGonagall exchanges a long look with Dumbledore, then she turns to the unexpected guest.

The two women are observed one another in silence.

"So you're Ellemir Lestrange. The daughter of Bellatrix." The voice of the old witch is glacial. "What makes you think I will accept to welcome you, knowing who you are and the rumors circulating about you? Do you know how many students of this school have sobbed because of your mother? Why shouldn't I believe that you are sent here by the last Dark Wizards ?"

"Because you have no choice. If I leave from here, the Castle and all of you will not survive a day. You know that Dark Lord's last followers are reorganizing, then you can believe what I say." Ellemir fixes the Headmistress with her gray eyes. A hard look, decided. She smiles slightly. "The choice is yours, do you prefer to risk? Here there are magicians that can control me day and night, what do you want more?" She leans back in her chair, casually, still staring at the other woman.

Absolute silence.

Suddenly, Ellemir put her hand under her coat and pulls out her magic wand. McGonagall is taken by surprise; her magic wand is out of range, so she stand still waiting to be hit. Fleetingly, she regrets that Hagrid is out of the studio, she has been little noticed.

They spend a few moments.

Then Ellemir throws her wand on the table. "Hold it you during my stay. So I will be harmless" she says in one breath. Then she leans back, waiting for an answer.

The Headmistress emits a soft sigh. She held her breath without realizing it.
She looks for a moment at the magic wand abandoned on the table, then move her eyes on the girl. To consent to be separed from her magic wand, she must really want to be admitted to the Castle.

Minerva McGonagall doesn't know what to think.

"Assuming that we welcome you here, do you have an idea of what will happen when the others will know who you are? Are you ready to face it?"

"This is my problem, not yours if I can" cut short Ellemir, unfriendly "What did you decide?"

"Why is it so important for you to come in here?" The Headmistress asks back.

Ellemir remains silent a few minutes, staring into the distance.

"Because I want a bit of peace" she says softly.

They stare again one another. Professor McGonagall scrutinizes bewildered the girl, trying to figure out if she's telling the truth.

Suddenly she turns away and goes to the door of the study. She opens it and calls Hagrid.

"Search Professor Weasley. We have to organize the admission of a very special student. Then you remain near here, please."

Ellemir relaxes the back and closes her eyes. She opens her hands, which were under the cloak tightened so hard that her nails penetrated the flesh.

She has been admitted.
The Headmistress believed her.
And, incredibly, she did not associate with her the strange tale told from the Centaurs.

She did it.

Not all is lost.

_____________________

Hello! Could you please tell me if there are many errors or if you understand well? ... and if you like the story? I need your feedback to continue ... come on, it takes a few seconds!
Thank you very much
^_^