6 • AURORA ▪︎ interlinked

I was cleaning up at home after yesterday when my phone rang, pushing me back into reality.
Whit shaky hands, i picked it up.
It was hard to clean the whole entire kitchen but what was the hardest part were my mother's belongings. He broke all of them. And just like they were any worthless objects, i had to clean up his mess.
No caller id. I swiped rigth on my phone, and a deep voice rumbled in the phone.
"Aurora. Are you home?"
"I- matt? How did you get my number?" I regonized his voice almost immediantly. 
It was weird to not have his number, but it was also weird that he had my number. Whatever, i whoosed my thougths away and forced a normal tone.
"Yeah, i am. Why are you asking?"
Curiosity bubbled inside me. Yesterday nigth still had me shaky but hearing matt's voice made me relax somehow. It was a weird feeling.
" is alex home ?"
I choked quietly on nothing. " no. Im alone "
Very off questions to ask from your enemy, but okay.
"Great. I'ii be there in ten."
I didnt even get out a word before the line beeped. He hung up.
What did he even want to talk about?
It really only took him a few minutes to get here. In no time he was sitting on the  couch, and i was leaning my back to the counter.
His eyes stayed on my body for a few seconds and his breathing shallowed before quickly bringing them back to my eyes.
Of course, this is the time i decide to be comfy and be around the house in tank tops and short shorts.
"Why are you here,hm? "
" expected a sweeter welcome from you, princess. "
Fuck you.
He sighed before continuing on.
" i talked to my mom about last nigth. And i know your going to freak out on me, but im not letting him put another fingertip on you. Your getting out of this house no matter what."
Words choked my throat around.
"Matt. Please-"
"Stop."
He stopped me and continued.
" she said that she will handle it and send the authorites next week. The police will be bringing you in for questioning. Until that, you'll be staying whit us. We have a spare room and you can stay there for as long as you need, until you find a steady place for you to stay. "
"Matt. I-"
"Not a choice. "
I took a deep breath and softened my eyes to level whit his.
The plan was good. It was the right thing to do, but living whit matt for god knows how long is a big of a change.
"Now, do you want me to help you pack or are you going to keep on being stubborn and not accept my help?"
I chuckled.
" i'ii be fine on my own, matt. "
He put a hand over his heart and acted dramaticly " damn. A girl. Rejecting me. Never heard that before."
"Oh shut up." He watched me as i made my way upstairs.
I packed away as quickly as i could.
I never really had a pull for this house. My dad bougth it when my mom died, so it came and goes whit bad memories.
I took one good look around the house before i left. My black cat, belle layed in my arms when i packed into the van's trunk and got in next to matt.
" matt, this is belle. Say hi belle!" I grabbed belle's paw and waved at matt. A soft smile creeked up to matts lips and he chuckled.
We arrived at his in comfortable silence.
It was weird with matt. Sometimes it felt like matt was someone i could actually love.  Then other times he felt like a total fucking stranger.
But there was always a soft silence that settled between us that i always found weird.
When we walked into the house, nick came running for my bags.
"Come on! I'ii show you your room. " he smiled widely. I followed him whit a nod.
I knew the house like the back of my hand. But one thing i didnt know is that matt's room was directly next to the guest room i was staying in.
The room was pretty. It was softly decorated but still comforting.
When i finished settling my bags,and set belle on the bed i went to search for marylou.
I found her snuggled into the couch, watching a movie.
"Aurora, my girl! Come here."
She patted the seat next to her and i smiled.
She was so comforting. Everytime i talked to her, her ligth and warmth would just fill me up whole. She'd always filled the mother figure in when i needed it to be filled.

~

Marylou and i talked for hours. Matt came down continuedly, just standing leaning to the counter and watching us with arms crossed over his chest.
I wonder if he found it as annoying as i did that our rooms were so close to eachother. The walls were so thin, and i could hear everything from matts room in nicks. So what about the guest room?
I ended my convo whit marylou and said goodnight. I wasnt tired, but i was overwhelmed. I changed into a big t-shirt whit my underwear under it and snuggled into bed.
On my stomach. On my back. Right side. Left side. Without blanket. With extra blankets.
I continuedly changed positions as my eyes wouldn't rest. There was no way i was sleeping.
The thougths running thru my head wouldn't shut up and i wished someone would just get me a notebook and a pen.
I shifted in my bed again. And again.
I continued until i was curled up into a ball and frustradedly sighing.
I got up and made my way outside my room.
Nicks room, chris's room, matt's room.
My eyes darted between the three rooms.
If i was going to annoy anyone by not being able to sleep, it would be matt.
That is the only excuse i could come up whit because suddenly, i was knocking in matts door, and he was opening it.
Sleepy and shirtless, in gray sweatpants and messy hair.
Fuck me. Why did i have to choose his room?  Now i'ii be regretting things i do.
"What do you want?" He said in a sleppy voice. My knees gave out, but i held myself up. I wasnt about to fold because of matt sturniolo. No way.
"I cant sleep." I softly said. I was scared of his reaction.
Kiss me. Please.
What the fuck?
His eyes rammered over me. The underwear peeked thru my see thru big shirt, and suddenly i felt like i was exposed.
His eyes stuck go my body and he smirked before grabbing my wrist and pulling me to his body. In one motion he shuts the door and pins me to it by his body. His knees go between my legs and his head goes to the crook of my neck.
" you smell like me. "
How? Why?
"I dont know why." I managed to get out. My knees gave out, but he held my up by his.
He scoffs into my neck ; the movement makes my body tense up.
" your wearing my shirt, princess."
Nick, you'll be dead in the morning.
"Nick gave me the shirt. I thougth it was his."
He backed his head away to meet my eyes. "I never said i mind. Its fine, it looks better on you anyways."
Then he walks away and lays into his bed, leaving me speechless.
"Come here." I take a few steps foward before my knees give out again. Stopping infront of his bed, i stare at him.
" are you sure you want me to slee-"
He grabs my thighs and yanks me onto him, he wraps his arms around my waist and snuggles me into his chest
"Thats better."
I buried my head deeper into him to hide my cheeks burning up.
It was actually so comfier. His bed way way more softer. And warmer. Or maybe that was him.
"Do you think you'll get sleep here?"
"Mhmpfghhh" was all i managed to get out before his low chuckle filled the room and locked my eyes shut in seconds.

~

I woke up to the outside sounds of matt's room. I looked around and matt was already gone, but i was tucked in and my hand still remained where matt had laid.
A smile creeps its way to my face before i make my way back to me room, quiet so no one sees me coming out of matts room.
When i entered my room, i stopped dead in my tracks when i found new white sheets, pillows, a big teddy, a couple t shirts folded and a sticky note on top that read , i quote ;
Bougth you new things so your bed will be comfier :)
( also left you some of my shirts )
Last nigth wasnt very " enemies " of us,
But you'll never sleep that good that you do whit my hands wrapped around you, princess. 
Although i think you crave me as much as i do you, we shouldn't get too attached.

Your charming enemy, matt

_
A maroon color filled my face as i crumbled up the paper and took one good look at the things he left.
I grabbed the teddy and smiled.
I packed away his shirts to a seperate place and made my bed with my new stuff.
Nick walked into my room on his phone, and when he raised his eyes to me he wrinkled his eyebrows in confusion.
"You got new sheets and stuff? When?"
"I- uhm." I bit the inside of my cheek to drown a smile. " a gift from a friend. "

____
1635 words