10 • AURORA ▪︎ Bookshelf

I grip the glass of water in my hand, taking another sip before exhaling and placing it down onto the counter. Another pain stings my stomach, and i bring my hand over my stomach, my pyjamas.
I've been sick all night, and i havent seen or talked to anyone.
"Fuck." I curse. My palms rub over my hand in frustration, before i make my way upstairs. As im about to walk into my room, i stop in my tracks. Flowers, chocolate, food. All over my bed.
"What the..?"
"Hi doll." A voice calls out. I smile, because i dont have to see him to be able to regonize his voice.
Matt is leaned against the wall, smiling at me. He comes over, cupping my face as worry fills his face.
"How are you, hm? I havent heard at all from you, i was worried."
"I know, im sorry. It just got worse so i feel asleep."
He presses his lips to my forehead. My knees weaken, my eyes closing at the small gesture. Oh, if you knew.
"Im sorry princess. I bougth your favourite."
"Oh, did you?"
"Yes. Now my car smells like pumpkins, but whatever. Are you sure this isnt like.. acid?" I roll my eyes, taking the cup of coffee into my hands.
"You're dramatic."
"And you're odd for liking that.. whatever that weird monster that is."
"Its not a monster. Its a coffee."
I grib the cup in my hand.
"Yes, and its horrible. Atleast you're fufilled."
"Anything for me?"
"Absolutely."

I chuckled, rolling my eyes. "Of course, prince charming."

He sits down onto my bed, pulling me with him. He pulls me ontop of him, my legs wrap around his waist. My arms go around his neck, as he nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck, placing soft and sloppy kisses.
"I missed you."
I giggle at his clingyness. "You haven't seen me for one day."
"Yes, and it was fucking horrible. Every minute of my life without you is horrible."
My legs clutch around him, squeezing.
His words are like a soft, warm blanket wrapped over my cold skin. It fills my insides, warming me from inside.
"I missed you too."

I feel him sigh and relax into my embrace, letting out a soft whimper.
Suddenly, just after he relaxed, he tenses. His hands slip out from around me, reaching for something on my bed. "Hm?" I ask, brows furrowed.
He's taken my phone into his hands, sliding on the screen as his brows furrow more. "I.."
"Why are you looking at houses', baby?"
"I just.." his hands clutch to my thighs, giving me comfort.
"I can't stay here forever. I need my own house, and i found some. I was just about to talk to you about it."
He smiles, but i can see his jaw tense.
He's not happy.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, of course. I'ii try to stay as close as i can, okay?"
"I.. okay."

The room seems to dim, along with the silence and the tension growing between us. A voice calls from the hallway.
"Aurora?!" Nick appears at the door, a small smile playing on his lips as he sees my legs around matt.
"Yes, nick?"
"Jules is here to see you."
"Oh, okay."
Matt slips from my grip, placing a kiss on top of my head and giving me a small smile. "I'ii be downstairs."
Nick and matt dissapear into the hall of the stairs, and jules appears.
"Hi." She snuggled into my bed, hugging me. "You'll get sick."
"You think i care? I missed you at school today, no one has heard about you."
"Im sorry. I was very, very ill."
"Its okay." She presses her lips ontop of my head, letting her chin rest on me.
"Jules?" My tone is playful as i ask her.
"Yes?"
"Is that chris's necklace?"
The bright necklace shined around her neck. I was certain it was chris's, since all he does is wear it.
"Maybe.." she smirks.
"Jules!"
A light pink creeps up her neck, filling her cheeks and nose.
"He bougth me flowers, rory. Flowers."
She says. Her eyes crinkle with sparkles.
"I know, i know. I trust him."
"Well, i trust matt too."
"Matt? What about him?"
"Aurora, he's obsessed with you."
The moment she finished her sentence, i rolled my eyes and sat up.
"You're imagining things."
"No, im not. Rory, he has your name carved into his car keys. His headboard. Have you seen the book shelf in his room?"
"Wha- what bookshelf?"
"Oh. Nothing."
"Jules, come on!"
"Guys, dinner." Chris knocks on the door, then opening it.
"Ugh." I groan and roll my eyes as jules escapes from my grip.
"Jules, get back here!"
"Sorry, i've already given too much information!" I hear her say. Her voice then fades.

I go downstairs too, following jules fast footsteps.
Im seated next to matt, chris and jules opposite of us. Jules is completely ignoring my gaze.
"Feeling better, babydoll?"
I hear matt whisper to me, all while his hand grips my thigh from under the bed.  His thumb caresses a soft spot on my delicate skin, while his grip tightens.
"Yes."
"Good to hear." He presses another kiss on my forehead.
"Im staying home with you tomorrow. Either you like it or not."
"Oh, come on. Im not a baby, i'ii be oka-"
"Lose the attitude before i make it dissapear for you."
His hand creeps higher on my thigh, making me squirm in my seat. I swallow, now obediently nodding.
"Good girl."

~

I hear the door open behind me.
I snuggled deeper into the sheets of my bed, but when i feel the bed dip behind me ; i relax.
I feel matt's head nuzzle into the crook of my neck, his hands wrapping around my waist from behind. "I couldn't sleep."
"Why not?"
My hand interlocked with his under the blanket.
"I needed to feel you."
"Im right here, baby."
He starts to press sloppy, tired kisses up and down my neck.
"Promise me something?"
"Yes, matt?"
"Promise me that you'll never leave me."
"I promise."

___

"Pinky promises are such a pure thing, you'd have to be evil to break them."