006 our rat of the day

-connorcassidy posted on her instagram story

CAPTION: me moments before heading to the studio to film the lone lobos episode

CAPTION: me moments before heading to the studio to film the lone lobos episode. go watch it to figure out why i've got major bags under me eyes

"okay, are we ready?" jacob asked as connor sat down between him and xolo.

"yeah," xolo said and connor lifted her hand in a thumbs up as she crossed one leg over the other.

"and we're rolling," jacob said and turned to the camera as he pulled his mic closer and quickly adjusted it. "hey, guys. i'm jacob bertrand."

"i'm xolo maridueña," he introduced as he twirled his microphone cord around his finger.

"and this is the lone lobos podcast," they chorused, causing connor to turn her head to the left to snicker into her hand.

"we have a very special guest with us today," jacob started while glancing at connor.

"no, we've got a lowly rat in the building is what we have," xolo corrected, causing jacob to fall into a fit of giggles. connor gasped as she turned to xolo, mouth falling open to feigned offense.

"is this because jacob got a drink and you didn't?" she questioned and a small smile pulled at her lips when he hummed in approval. "for the record, i asked what you wanted and you didn't answer me."

"you're a liar," he said, laughing as connor shook her head.

"uh-uh," she said between broken laughs.

"yes you are. you're lying about being liar!" he said and bit at the inside of his upper lip when she narrowed her eyes at him.

"i'm a lot of things but i'm not a liar," she said as she pointed her finger at him.

"wait, pull up your texts. i wanna see if you did sent it," jacob said. he placed an elbow on the arm of his chair and leaned toward connor.

"good idea," she said while pulling her phone from her back pocket. she squared her shoulders to jacob and sat her phone flat against her armchair. xolo turned to the camera and offered a small smile and thumbs up before turned back to where jacob and connor leaned over her phone. they gasped before slowly looking at xolo.

"what?" he nervously asked, adjusting his headphones.

"you read it," jacob said and xolo's mouth fell open.

"no, i didn't," he scoffed as he shook his head.

"read it and weep," she said while showing him her phone screen.

"anyway," he loudly exclaimed, letting his head roll in a circle. "our rat of the day is connor cassidy, unfortunately."

"you love me," she scoffed with a small eye roll.