4 - THE UKE

Floyd had woken up to the distant sounds of a broken ukelele.

He came to realize it wasn't really broken, just horribly played. His head throbbed, it felt as if he was hungover. He groaned, picking up his head from his resting position and extending his muscles to reduce soreness.

There stood Crimp, a ukelele on her hands small enough for it to fit perfectly onto her. she hummed a mellow tune, plucking the strings of the lonely instrument. The song was good, despite the occasional mistakes. Floyd could tell she was singing out of sorrow.

"You know, you could.. press a little harder on the frets, it'll help."

Crimp was surprised, she looked at him and took his advice. Surely enough, the tune sounded more appealing. Crimp chuckled. "You really know your way around string instruments." She sat the ukelele down and walked towards the desk where Floyd sat.

Crimp subconsciously organized the mess on the marble table, before taking a seat ontop. It seems the job was perfectly made for her and her tendencies, despite having a low pay. For some apparent reason, she couldn't bring herself to quit the job. She tries not to dwell on it, though.

"Have you met them yet?" Crimp asked, to which Floyd confusingly stared at her. Just before he could ask what she meant, he glanced at the quite fogged bottle beside his. Floyd's stomach dropped, his brows furrowed. He couldn't see what was inside due to the fog minimizing his view of the inside.

Knowing someone was in the same situation as him felt oddly comforting in a way, but the thought of it made him feel so guilty. He seeked comfort from someone that feels what he was feeling, maybe even worse, he felt an immense guilt for even thinking about it, he was horrible.

"How.. how long have they been here?" Floyd asked, he partially already knew the answer to it, he just wamted a confirmation. Crimp sighed, glancing at the foggy bottle.

"They've been here before the twins were popular; (Y/n) willingly helped the both of them try to achieve their dreams, until Velvet grew impatient, and well..." She trailed off. Crimp felt guilty continuing, she knew how much of a sensitive topic it was for them, though she couldn't help but tell him this; she just hoped they would take it lightly.

The door opened, and in comes one of the twins, Veneer. It seemed that he jogged his way here, considering how quick his breathing was. He frantically looked around the room before his eyes landed on the desk, locking on the bottle Floyd was in.

He grinned, speedwalking his way towards Floyd and picking him up. The said victim held his hands out and shouted a "wait!" In which, Veneer promptly stopped and mentally asked him what his problem was.

"Please.. please don't spray any more!" Floyd was terrified, his body screamed freedom. He knew his pleads would only go from one ear and out of the other. With the sudden rush of adrenaline, he attempted to push himself out of Veneer's hands but ultimately failed because of the strong grip his captor had.

"Why not? I mean I haven't given myself a spray since yesterday" Veneer retorted, smugly checking his nails. Floyd could only stare at him in desperation, which made him feel quite negative.

"Please, you're-you're killing me!" Floyd felt as if he was a leashed dog, it was humiliating.

Veneer questioned his morality, looking at the other perfume bottle and staring down on it. He questioned the terms of the situation where their victim loses all their self respect for pleas for freedom. He questioned if all was really worth it. He loved his sister, he really did, but he lurks on the possibility that she is the one restraining him from meeting other people.

He can't really say she was the barrier between him and new relationships, considering he never had the audacity of meeting new people, though he has his reasons.

The reasons were the childhood memories whereas every person he attempted to befriend turns a blind eye and keeps their distance from him. He never knew why no one ever tried to talk to him on recess, he felt lonely. He didn't have anyone besides his parents and his sister and he feels as if the love he gets from them comes from having a family, the guttural guilt comes with the desire of having more than them.

After moving out of their childhood home, Veneer felt as if the only escape he got drastically decreased, having Velvet as his only comfort.

He was dependent, he knew it, but she was the only person he was really close with...

He was kicked out of his thoughts by Crimp asking his wellbeing and offering assorted items that had the possible ability of making him feel better. Veneer could only sigh silently, he knew she was trying to help but she was just too much.

Subtly, he put down the bottle, in which Floyd sighed in relief. Veneer sat himself down and rested his face onto his knuckles. He was having constant battles, questioning if following his identical twin sister was really the best choice.

He reached out to the other bottle, but it felt as if it was burning, so he retracted his hand out of fear. Veneer pursed his lips, an empathetic frown tracing his face.

For so long he masked his sorrow, for so long he tried to brush away his deeds, hoping for it to leave the deepest pits which was his thoughts. He did it for her, he did it for her sister. He followed her blatant ignorance of the damage she does to the things around her, assuming it would do the same to him.

Veneer was aware of what he does, what his sister does. He lived in her shadow not because he's overlooked, but he hides in her shadow for comfort; she always felt the urge to protect him from the wonders of the world, and for that he was thankful. Velvet always assured him that as long as she was with him, he'll never feel the fear of what comes at the near future.

He was a monster, but atleast he wasn't alone.

"Im sorry, I-" but before he could continue his sentence, Veneer heard a familiar rhythm of crystal heels, he was sure it was Velvet.

Out of panic, he sprayed the perfume onto himself and scurried away, either in urgence or cowardice.

-
-
-
-
-

I genuinely expected this to be atleast a little bit delayed due to me getting sick yesterday 😭

Yes yes I know I promised a longer chapter but eeurgj it's hard to extend these stuff and my head throbbing on every stanza I create was NOT helping,,,

I try to post chapters every other days so bear with me here I'm trying my best

My grandma insists I minimize the use of my phone so I couldn't really stay consistent on writing this so huh yeah

Imo posting an a/n is really just a hassle cz it just adds chapters to the books so it would look like the book has more chapters than it actually has so if you want updates of the book I suggest you just follow me (yes im bribing you of chapter updates for a follow lmao)

Also btw I made trollsona art

Super awesome I tell you

Clay is my wife and I'm debating whether I should make an oc x canon book of the both of em