5 - WHO ARE YOU ?

Y/n's body remains unmoving except for the occasional deep breaths for air.

Their body was stiff; some might have mistaken them as dead if they didn't pay attention to their weak movement. Floyd fell victim to their unintentional scare, adrenaline coursing through his veins the moment he went conscious.

Floyd inhaled a deep sigh, a hand trailing its way onto his bare chest. He feared the loneliness, despite being alone longer than he could remember. And although they lack mutual interaction, he couldn't help but feel a tad bit attached.

Maybe because of the period of time that he went no contact with people his kind that he latches onto anything near that gives him the feeling nearest to care, maybe because of the distant longing he felt that he continuously tuned out despite its increasing volume.

It was only he that could answer it, though Floyd's mouth failed to sputter out anything.

He turned his body away from them and attempted to put his attention elsewhere.

Artificial light seeped its way through a small window, bouncing off the crystal walls enough for the room to be less dim. Floyd stared longingly through the far window, reaching out with his hand as if he'll reach out somewhere farther than the corners of the room he was in.

Flakes of frozen waterdrops land on the clear window, as if trying to cover up the last view of the outside world, grounding him.

He yearns for his Christmas miracle: a day with his brothers again.

Floyd sighed for the nth time, ears drooping slightly.

He looked away from the window to steal a glance at his prison mate, only to be met with a terrifying sight of them sitting upright, staring directly at him.

He shrieked

They also shriked.

...

Man is this a shouting competition?

Crimp heard the sudden screaming of both trolls and urgently ran towards them, thinking of the possible threats that would make them scream that loud.

"What?? What?! What happened????" Crimp asked, slightly out of breath while having a hard time getting up the desk with her lanky elongated arms. Her comically large eyeglasses were slightly tipping off of her face, making it much more of a hassle to get to her destination.

Looks kinda pathetic on an appropriate distance..

Despite their size, trolls do have surprisingly large lung capacity, so they basically screamed to their hearts content.

It took Crimp a minute, but she finally discovered the reason they have been screaming. Took her a while.

Soon they finally stopped, and Floyd was as far as he could be from the other troll; his limbs and the rest of his body were pressed against the crystal walls, trying to create a larger area that separated the both of them. He was breathing quickly, either out of panic or the amount of oxygen he forced out of his lungs.

Meanwhile, Y/n just stupidly pointed an accusatory finger towards him, eyebrows furrowed and lips pursed.  Their fist hovered at the middle of their stomach for some reason, probably out of instinct.

Floyd brushed off his clothes, trying to regain most of his composure, seemingly trying to dismiss the whole shouting competition, and cleared his throat.

"Ahem.." Floyd covered his mouth with his palm, nervously gazing towards the other troll and Crimp, who just stared at him blankly.

"Sorry for the, uh, intrusion?" Floyd managed to spill out and cut the thick, growing tension in the air. He felt kind of silly after saying that, though.

(Y/n) stared at him, drinking in his features and the curves and crevices of his face. Their eyes squinted in wonder; why does this guy look so familiar?

They never really got a gust of what the troll looked like because of him sleeping and leaning his head enough to not be seen by them. (Y/n) thought of asking Crimp to shift his bottle to show his face, though never really asked out loud.

Floyd felt embarrassed, his eyes dilated around the room, looking everywhere but the new troll. He smiled nervously, chuckling awkwardly.

(Y/n) widened their eyes, realizing they were probably staring.. probably. They quickly stood stiffly.

"Hello." They said, saluting a bit.

"Hi," Floyd replied

Crimp mentally rolled her eyes.

--

HELLO OMG THIS TOOK TOO LONG........

im sorry for like 2 weeks of not posting and giving this ugly chapter omg I was struggling on how to act this out that it took me like 5 days to actually say "I'LL JUST MAKE UP FOR IT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER,,,," I was stalling for so long Jesus

Also Merry Christmas everyone!!! Hello omg this year was too fast for me

This is like 700+ words long only omfg im so sorry,,,,,,,, I literally do not know how to write filler chapters I haven't written anything in a while.....

I hope yall had or are having a fun Christmas and se you all on the next chapter!