NIKOLAI'S PAST

Chamber of the Golden Table

Deck 555

Eirden peered out the window of his private quarters, plagued by restless thoughts of Nikolai's disappearance. Rain pelted the glass, an unusual occurrence, as it generally only rained at night on the god planets. The downpour seemed to mirror Eirden's melancholy, as though even Nikolai's Sunterria mourned his absence. As he exhaled, Eirden hummed a tune and made his way to the transport beam.

Upon first glance, the beam appeared peculiar. Its base resembled a sponge, measuring two meters square despite its steel-like hardness. Eirden placed the hood of his purple gown over his head and stepped into the shimmering blue light encompassing its sides.

Instantaneously, he materialised on the Golden Table deck and was escorted by a drone through dimly lit corridors with frosty air permeating his senses. Eventually, he arrived at the chamber of the Golden Table, which struck him like entering a silent graveyard. A serene environment where even a pen dropping would echo resoundingly.

Ten Imperial Commanders sat around a magnificent table adorned with various embedded gems. The room was enveloped in a mystical blue mist that gave the illusion of floating furniture; ruby gem chairs silently hovered above the deck, with the table seemingly resting on a cloud. At the head of the assembly sat Supreme Commander Sizion, his golden uniform reminiscent of those worn by Freesuns. All eyes focused intently on their leader, each looking for guidance amid this mournful atmosphere. Sizion's throat tightened when he noticed Eirden taking a seat at the Golden Table. The urgent summons weighed heavily on his mind, as only matters of grave concern warranted such a call. Thoughts of the missing Freesun arose, but its tragedy hardly justified a meeting of this magnitude. Graver still was the resurgence of a once-buried dilemma that now haunted them with renewed vigour.

Soft blue lights cast a serene glow over the chamber, doing little to unease the tension among those present. Summoning his courage, Sizion stood and addressed the Imperial Commanders before him. "Welcome to this urgent gathering of the Golden Table," he began. "As you know, Starship Eirden has faced an unprecedentedly difficult year." He tried, but failed, to meet Eirden's gaze. "Eirden, our hearts go out to you in your ongoing search for Nikolai."

Barely holding back tears, Eirden responded with a hint of self-blame. "My starship was overwhelmed by distress calls — so much that critical pleas for help went unheeded. The hybrid uprisings are growing out of control." He locked eyes with Sizion as he revealed the matter at hand. "And they are why we've convened here today."

Sizion felt a growing lump in his throat as he surveyed the murmuring Imperial Commanders gathered around the table. "Supreme Commander, " Eirden began, his voice laced with a venom usually reserved for their enemies. "Could you explain why neither Nikolai nor I can identify this unknown species? According to their leader, they are Nikolai's first creations."

As Sizion reluctantly closed his eyes, a sudden chill swept through the chamber. The temperature seemed to plummet ten degrees, sending shivers down his spine. Thousands of years had passed since the memory wipe; Sizion felt sure that the terrifying truth of Endoria was permanently obscured. As he suppressed a sigh and steadied his breathing, he prepared for the inevitable uproar following his revelation.

Opening his eyes, he gathered his courage and addressed the expectant faces before him. His voice trembled, barely concealing the gravity of their situation. It was time to confront the ghosts of his past. Endoria had not vanished as they'd hoped; those formidable beings still existed. With resolve solidifying in his chest, Sizion held fast and acknowledged their horrifying reality; they would have to face them again. He owed Eirden that much. Leaning forward, his hands clasped the glittering table as he delved into his tale. "In the year 20041, Nikolai Freesun emerged from a Sunstar shell. Entrusted to Starship Eirden's watchful gaze, Elite Officer Aeria and Jayden joined him in his quest for planets suitable for life. Months of meticulous analysis led them to the Ruby Gem Galaxy, where they discovered a set of vibrant celestial bodies, ideal for life, forming the Endoria Planetary System."