Tell It To My Heart

Y/n's Pov
I groggily opened my eyes, the light streaming in from the window stinging my eyes. I let out a frustrated grunt and buried my head into my pillow. I was supposed to wake up at 8 am today, but here I am, lying in bed at 2 pm, feeling like absolute shit. I rolled over in bed and tossed my blankets aside, letting out a deep sigh.

Just then, I heard a loud knock from the front door. Instinctively, I groaned. I had no idea who it could be, and I wasn't feeling up to seeing anyone. I blocked out the noise until I heard the knocking again, this time louder and more persistent. Cursing, I dragged myself out of bed and stumbled to the door.

As I opened it, I saw Jake standing on the other side. All of a sudden, memories of what had happened between us the night before rushed back to me. Suddenly, I felt embarrassed and self-conscious, I averted my eyes from his and looked down at the floor.

"Can I help you?" I mumbled as I kept away from looking at him, but a part of me wanted to.
"Y/n, I wanted to apologize. I didn't mean to ditch you at the party like that, and I talked to Vicky, being nicer." Jake sighed out as he leaned against the door frame.

I kind of accept Jake's apology, but I still remain confused about the session before the party. Did it mean nothing to him? I can't help but replay it all in my mind as I try to make sense of it all.

"Y/n, do you want to hang out with me today? I feel like we should explore and get some air." Jake smiles at me like he did when I first met him. My heart was racing again, and I just wanted to do so many things to him, but I kept calm.
"Sure, but I need to get ready." I mumbled as I looked down to see my hello kitty pajamas.
"Oh yeah, um, just text me when you're ready!" Jake chuckled as he turned away and walked the opposite direction.

Jake's Pov:
I was walking towards my room, and I couldn't stop thinking about y/n. I was absolutely amazed by her beauty. She had the cutest bed head and dark underbags, and her pajamas had a unique sense of style that made her look so alluring. I wanted to make sure this day was extra special for her. I wanted to do something special to show her just how much I care. I felt my cheeks start to hurt as I realized how much I was smiling.

(Time Skip)
Third Person Pov:
Y/n and Jake both stepped out their respective bedroom doors at the same time and smiled when they noticed the other. After quickly grabbing their bags, they made their way to the car, ready to start their afternoon out right. As they drove, they discussed what their plan for the day would be. They settled on visiting a small vintage clothing business that had been recommended to them by a friend. When they arrived, they were in awe by the selection of clothes that the store had to offer. Y/n and Jake browsed around, trying on different pieces and mixing and matching until they found the perfect outfit.

Y/N and Jake left the store with nothing in their hands but plenty in their hearts. They were both overcome with laughter and mischief as they made their way back to the car, playfully shoving each other as they went. But before they made it all the way, Jake put his arm out in front of Y/N to stop her. Jake looked down at Y/n before giving her a warm smile.

Jake's Pov:
"Thanks for spending time with me, y/n. Next time, you should tag along with Johnnie and I."
I smiled as I looked at her. 

The first time I saw her, I was awe-struck. She was like nothing I had ever seen before. Her beauty was almost unimaginable, taking my breath away. Being in her presence gave me a sense of relief, of calm I had never before experienced. Even though I was drawn to her, I just wasn't sure what I wanted. My heart knew something was there, but my mind couldn't quite decipher it. It was like my heart was in control, but I was left clueless, confused as to why I felt this way. All I wanted was to stay with her, to explore this feeling further. I was afraid of the unknown, but I couldn't ignore the tug I felt towards her, but Vicky. How could I destroy something I created?

Y/n's Pov:
I felt that feeling again, just like when I met Jake. I'm trying to hide my feelings, I couldn't keep my eyes off him, and I was head over heels just for a glance. But, there was that other girl, the one who always stuck to his side, which reminded me that I was not the only one with feelings for him. 
"Jake, when did you meet Vicky?" I asked as I felt anxious to ask. The way he his facial expression changed into something more distressed he gave a heavy sigh.
"I met Vicky when I moved to LA, and she's been around for a while, but our relationship is complicated." He laughed out nervously before taking my hand into his. His hand was soft, and it was bigger than mine. I was speechless as I felt my cheeks heat up, but he moved my hand to his chest over his heart.
"I'm still not sure how I feel towards her, Y/n, but I would like to spend more time with you. Last night made me realize that." Jake whispers in my ear before I felt my heart race with almost every feeling I had, but I could only nod in agreement. I couldn't compose myself as I felt Jake embrace me into his arms. 

 Third Person Pov:
they stood facing each other, Jake's hand reached out to tuck a loose strand of hair behind y/n's ear. Her cheeks flushed at the intimate gesture, a small smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. Jake couldn't help but admire her in this moment, the way the fading light seemed to illuminate her features. He took a step closer, his hand gently cupping her face.

Without a word, y/n leaned into his touch, closing her eyes and relishing in the warmth and comfort it provided. She felt safe and secure in his embrace, knowing that no matter what happened in the outside world, she had Jake by her side.
As they stood there, wrapped up in each other, the cool night air enveloping them, Jake couldn't resist the urge to pull y/n in for a hug. She happily obliged, her arms wrapping around his waist. They swayed slightly, the sound of their steady heartbeats, the only noise between them.

After a few moments, they pulled back, their eyes locking. Without hesitation, Jake leaned in and placed a soft kiss on y/n's cheek. It was a small gesture, but it spoke volumes. They both knew that this was the start of something new, something special.

"Let's head home, y/n. Johnnie probably woke up already, " Jake laughed as he pulled the keys out his pocket.  Y/n rolls her eyes as she gets in the car, "We should get him something to eat, though. Pizza?" Y/n asked as Jake nodded before backing out the parking lot.

Word Count: 1316
>>>>>>>>>
Author's Note:
Another finished, but the next chapter is in the works, but what would you like to see next time??? Thank you for reading <3 -Vi