Chapter 10

As the 🌞 peeked for behind the ☁️ to brighten their room.  Mel woke up first. She made breakfast for himself to eat.  Coffee is brewing on the counter.  Minutes after that they followed.

"Good morning Twin," he told her.

"Morning Mike Jr," Miranda replied.

Our apartments and 🏘️ are now alive and noisy. Mel prepped a single bagged lunch. The teams slowly followed this cue. Within minutes our meals are in their final minutes on the stoves.

Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 am California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The teams  and families sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. Soon after that we put the dirty dishes in our sinks.

The teams and kids grabbed their belongings. Later on,  we locked the front 🚪.Our apartments and 🏠 are now left vacant. Everyone went to their mission.

 Moments after that all the Kay siblings are at 🏫. As well as Kelly and Mel. Meanwhile back with Annie  cleaning up the breakfast stuff and getting into her own work. Tuana also at work.

Hondo parks in his spot. We went into the 🏢 together. Handing him my bag to put in the locker room. Seconds later I took the lunches to put them in the fridge. Daddy get changed. The team arrives one by one. Of course, they get changed.

" Good morning 😴," Captain America greeted.

"Morning Captain America and Peanut gallery," I replied.

They gave me 😘 on the cheeks and wrists.

Seconds later all of us went into the briefing room. I stood in my corner listening. They are talking about their mission. Assignments are handed out for that day. Conversations are on their work schedule.

Black Betty is nice and full. The guys and Chris were in their regular places. Jokes are cracked and laughter is loud. Luca pulled into their crime scene.

Meanwhile back at headquarters that morning. Captain Cortez is working.  I walked into the room and stood beside her. She handed me my work stuff. Hicks walks in behind me. Soon greetings are exchanged between us. He took his tablet and com set.

Black Betty  full of 🥵 and 😩 cops. It's parked in front of the 🏢. They took their quick 🚿. A short debrief is my family rushed us with hugs.

Lunch is promptly served and delivered at 12:00 pm California time. Everyone else took out their food from the fridge. Conversations are going on throughout our group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we threw away our trash in the  🗑️.

As the team scattered around the 🏢. I am now practicing in the range. The manager greeted 

" Hey Tia."  I returned his greeting. Two hours are spent that afternoon. Minutes after that I am in the armory again cleaning and reloading my 🔫.

Everyone grabbed our belongings. We exchanged goodbyes to each other. Hybrid Mike were the only ones that didn't say anything. There's an extra five minutes of talking. Our headquarters and parking lot is now a 👻 town.

The twins drove 🏠 that afternoon. She put down her stuff by the 🚪. Conner wasn't far behind his sister. They took 🚿. Meanwhile back in the kitchen with their grandma cooking at the stove. Grandma took out the place settings to put them on the counter. The twins are setting the kitchen table.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. Our usual drinks were 🍺 for the grownups and 🧃 for the kids. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our usual boys vs girls groups. Chris and Tan cleared the tables. I wiped down every surface with a rag. Annie unpacked the dishwasher. The guys washed the dishes to refill it with the wet ones. Every kitchen is now clean.

Family time continues in front of the TV. We shared our favorite TV shows with the group. The twins were to their rooms to change into their jammies and brush their teeth. Later on, they returned to the couch. Enjoying the time with their grandparents and Uncle.

"Goodnight everyone," they mentioned.

" Night kids,'' everyone else replied.

They head to their rooms after saying goodnights to each other. I am missing the days when we had to tell them a story and tuck them in. Mikey is feeling the same way over at Graceland. Even when they used to sneak into our 🛏️when they were little. Now Conner does that with his sister.

Meanwhile back in the family room with the team still watching TV. As the laughter is dying down slowly now. Our TV sets and family room lights are turned off . The team went to our own bedrooms. Everyone else joins the twins in Dreamland that night.