Chapter 14

As the 🌞 peeked for behind the ☁️ to brighten their room.  Matthew woke up first. He made breakfast for himself to eat.  Coffee is brewing on the counter.  Minutes after that they followed.

"Good morning Twin," he told her.

"Morning Mike Jr," Miranda replied.

Our apartments and 🏘️ are now alive and noisy. Matthew prepped breakfast for his younger siblings and himself. I filled Duke's food and water bowls.The teams slowly followed this cue. Within minutes our meals are in their final minutes on the stoves. Breakfast is promptly served at 7:45 am California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. The teams  and families sat in our assigned seats at the tables. We ate together like one big happy family. Soon after that we put the dirty dishes in our sinks.

I wrote a few stories on the island. Duke is by my feet. My work is finished, saved, and the laptop is shut down. Soon it will be back in my bag. The guys are playing video games with each other on the 🛋️.
Lunch is promptly served and delivered at 12:00 pm California time. Everyone else took out their food from the fridge. Conversations are going on throughout our group. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put the dirty dishes in our sinks.

Greetings are exchanged between us. I drove home that afternoon.  The twins did the same thing.  Daddy answers the door to let me in. I put down my stuff by the door and change into some boxers.  The twins did the same thing.

Dinner is promptly served at 6:00 pm California time. Everyone dished out our food to eat. Our usual drinks were 🍺 for the grownups and 🧃 for the kids. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

We broke up into our usual boys vs girls groups. Chris and Tan cleared the tables. I wiped down every surface with a rag. Anna unpacked the dishwasher. The guys washed the dishes to refill it with the wet ones. Every kitchen is now clean.

Family time continues in front of the TV. We shared our favorite TV shows with the group. The twins were to their rooms to change into their jammies and brush their teeth. Later on, they returned to the couch. Enjoying the time with their grandparents and Uncle.

"Goodnight dad," he mentioned.

" Night son,'' Senior answered.

They head to their rooms after saying goodnights to each other. I am missing the days when we had to tell them a story and tuck them in. Mikey is feeling the same way over at Graceland. Even when they used to sneak into our 🛏️when they were little. Now Conner does that with his sister.

I walked over to our room. Duke Perdo is already in my arms. Counting sunglasses time begins that night.Seconds later I am fast asleep.

Meanwhile back in the family room with the team still up 👀 tv. As the laughter is slowly dying down now. Our TV sets and family room lights are turned off. The teams went to our own bedrooms. Everyone else joins the twins in Dreamland that night.