chapter one

"LANDO" I run up to him and he pulls me in for a hug, whilst I'm giggling. He ruffles my hair, "Hey mate" he says laughing. Carlos rolls his eyes, "Riley seriously. He's my best friend" he says and pulls Lando in for a hug. "Mine too" I say annoyed. Me, Carlos and Lando have known each other pretty much our whole lives it's been the three of us, along with Lando's girlfriend at the moment Miya.

"Where Miya?" I ask Lando, peeping around him. He shrugs, "She's getting her nails done" he says. Carlos laughs, "of course" he says. Lando and Carlos walk off chatting and I see a few notifications popping up, opening them.

‼️‼️Miya Fair spotted kissing and cuddling up to Finnick Hemsworth , where is Lando Norris? Has she dumped the driver?

‼️‼️Miya Fair spotted kissing and cuddling up to Finnick Hemsworth , where is Lando Norris? Has she dumped the driver?....‼️‼️‼️

Shit. I sigh, I don't know really what to do. If I tell Lando he will be crushed. But I don't want him to find out later on.. "Lando" I call out. He spins around to face me smiling, "Yeah?" He says. Oh god he's gonna be crushed. "Come here" I sigh. Carlos has walked off to get a coffee. Lando runs over to me, "Everything ok?" He says. I bow my head and hand him my phone with the article on. Him and Miya have been together 2 years this is gonna hurt. He looks to me. I don't meet his eyes and he turns away again, handing me the phone back. I see so much hurt in his eyes. He pulls his own phone up, dials someone, I'm assuming Miya and walks off.

Carlos comes running back with an iced coffee for us both, I gratefully take it from him and take a sip, "What's going on with him?" Carlos asks confused. I bite my lip, "Riley?" Carlos says. I sigh and hand him my phone with the article on. His eyes widen and he scoffs, "I always knew she was a slag" Carlos says shaking his head. I hit him, "Don't be a dick" I say rolling my eyes. Carlos shrugs, "What she is" he says. We both watch as Lando's shouting and pacing the beach. Not good.  He throws his phone to the ground and sits down, resting his arms on top of his legs, he's sat looking into the ocean. Carlos is about to start going to him but I put my hand on his chest, "I've got this one" I say sighing. Carlos nods, "Alright. I'll grab us a table for lunch then. Just text me when you're on the way" he says. I nod and smile to him as he walks off.

I sigh and walk over to Lando, I don't say anything as I sit down next to him and lean my head against his shoulder. "She's been cheating on me for 3 months" he finally says still looking to the ocean. I lift my head from his shoulder turning to face him, "Lando I'm so sorry" I say. His eyes go down to the floor. There's silence for a minute. "Riley" Lando says softly. He turns to face me. "Yes Lando?" I say scanning his eyes. "Is there something wrong with me?" He asks. I shake my head, "No of course not Lands. Miya is just a bitch. She's done this to get publicity for herself because she's selfish. You were an amazing boyfriend to her and everyone saw it. This isn't your fault" I say wrapping my arms round his neck and hugging him tight. "Thank you Riley" Lando whispers in my ear, as he slides his arms round my waist and pulls me towards him. I don't know why that's just given me butterflies. He's never touched me like that before. I think he hears me breathe faster when he does it as I can feel his smile against my neck.

"Carlos has got us a table for lunch" I say pulling back and standing up. He gets up and wipes the sand of his legs, "That sounds amazing" Lando says, smiling to me. I can feel myself blushing. What is going on. Snap out of this now Riley. "Let's go muppet" I say taking his hand in mine and pulling him. He doesn't stop me as I'm trailing him along to the restaurant.

We push open the door and Carlos is sat at a table chatting to the waiter. He looks up to us and waves us over, I pull Lando over to the table. I slide into the booth section and Lando takes a seat next to Carlos. "This waiter Lando, she is called Thalia and she is your age" Carlos beams. I try to hide my giggle as Lando nods and forces a smile, "Hello Thalia" he says. Carlos smiles looking between the two. "Oh sorry I was interested in your friend" Thalia says walking off. Lando shoots Carlos a look, "I had no idea?" Carlos says which makes us all chuckle.

We have lunch together and for some reason the whole time I can feel Lando's eyes on me. Which is weird.

Once we've finished lunch, I go to walk with Carlos to the car but Lando pulls me towards him. "Riley I need you" he says pleadingly. I look to Carlos who is confused, "Carlos please can I borrow Riley for a couple hours. I promise to return her" Lando says desperately. Carlos shrugs and looks to me, "No drugs, no alchohol, no sex" he says. I laugh, "Carlos I'm 18" I say rolling my eyes. "And we are in America. Legal drinking age is 21" he says smiling to me. I nod to Carlos and roll my eyes, he gets into the car and Lando intertwines his hand in mine walking us down the street to his car.

"What is it you need again?" I ask him confused. He looks to me, "A friend" he says smiling. I nod and give his hand a little squeeze. We get to his McLaren and i get in the passenger seat while he straps into the drivers. He starts the car and we start driving, "Where is it we are going?" I say applying my lipgloss. "Back to mine" he says bluntly. I shrug and pull up my phone. I see a post Lando has uploaded. Must of been when we were at lunch.

@landonorris

 I look to Lando, "Jeez Lands" I say gesturing to the post

I look to Lando, "Jeez Lands" I say gesturing to the post. He shrugs, "She made her bed she needs to lye in it now". His jaw is clenched and he looks tense, I reach over and place a hand on his thighs to calm him down. He immediately relaxes under my touch. "I'm sorry Riley. I'm just. I'm upset" he says sighing. I smile to him, "It's ok Lando" , he looks to me and smiles.

We make it to Lando's hotel and walk into the elevator. It doesn't take long before we're at his floor and he swings open the door. His phones ringing and he grabs it out his pocket and picks it up. "One sec Ry" he mouths to me. I nod and make myself comfortable on his bed. After about 10 minutes of me scrolling aimlessly on TikTok, Lando comes through the door and starts banging his head on the wall. "Lands what's wrong?" I look to him concerned. He throws himself onto the bed and lays facing the ceiling. "Lando?" I say again. He turns to face me. "Well managements just told me. Having a girlfriend was good for your reputation. So you need to find another one ASAP. How do they expect me time to move on? Fucking dickheads" he says groaning. He sits up now. I sit up next to him. "This may seem really stupid Riley. But" he sighs. I look to him, "If you could pretend to be my girlfriend for a couple months, until I've moved on from Miya. I don't know I just oh it's a stupid idea" he says.

I think for a moment. Fake date Lando? "Wouldn't it ruin our friendship?" I ask him. He shakes his head, "No Riley of course not" he says. He looks to me pleadingly. I roll my eyes at him, "Fine" I say. He leans over and scoops me into a hug, "Oh Riley you're amazing. I'll do anything to repay you" he says. I laugh and then think for a moment, "Actually Lando. There is something" I say nervously. He smiles, "Anything Riley" he says. I think for a moment whether this is a good idea or not. "I'm just feeling a bit out of touch with my body." I say not locking eyes with Lando. "Riley are you asking me to teach you things?" He says seriously. I blush embarrassed. "Hey look at me. It's ok. It's not embarrassing" he says sliding both arms round my waist. "Have you never?" He asks scanning my eyes. I shake my head embarrassed. He smiles, "Riley honestly, don't feel embarrassed by that. I promise you it's fine. But if you want me to teach you some stuff, I can" he says smiling to me. "Thank you Lands" I say hugging him.

He hugs me close for a second. In fact the rest of the night we sit cuddling. It's normal for us. It always has been.