chapter three

After I've sorted myself out in the bathroom, I walk back to the bedroom where Lando is sat up on his phone. "All good?" He asks me. I smile, "Yeah". He pats beside him and I go and sit next to him. "What you looking at?" I ask looking at his phone. He shows me and it's one of my old instagram photos with him.

liked by @carlossainz, @maxverstappen, @miya, @charlesleclerc and 300k others

always smiling with
my best friend @landonorris 🤍

comments:

@landonorris rilesssss🔛🔝
-reply @rileysainz haha

@carlossainz he's my best friend 🙄
-reply @rileysains no mine.
-reply @landonorris you can both have me

@miya my gorgeous boyfriend
-reply @landonorris I love you
-reply @rileysainz aw omg 🥺

I forgot about that post. I reckon that hurts him. "God miya was a bitch to you wasn't she" Lando says scanning my eyes. I ponder for a minute and then nod, "Yeah she didn't like me" I say adjusting the duvet up onto my legs. "Did she say that to you?" Lando says concerned. I sigh and my eyes start to water, "On your birthday last year. I um I went into the venue with a present for you but Miya told me to leave and that you didn't want me there. So I left quickly and I cried to Carlos and then he took me home before coming back. I still had your present, I just couldn't be courageous enough to give it to you. And then you thought I forgot about you and you didn't speak to me for a week. And i well. During that week Miya came to see me and she told me i was a worthless piece of shit and destroyed the present i got you" i say with a struggle as a few tears fall past my cheek.

"Riley. Are you serious?" Lando asks me trying to get me to face him. I resist and try to clear up my tears, "Yeah I'm really sorry i should have just not listened to her and bought you your gift" i say not facing him. He pulls me in for a cuddle, "Riley I'm so sorry" he says holding me close to him. I hug him tight. "Your the best thing I've ever had in my life I can't believe she treated you like that and I didn't even know" he says tears falling from his eyes now but he quickly swipes them away. I hug him tight and feel so comfortable in his arms. I've been wanting to tell him about that for ages.

We cuddle for a little while and then get out of bed and get changed. "Can we go for lunch I'm starving" lando says putting his hand over his stomach. I laugh and nod, "Yeah cmon then" I say taking his hand in mine. We walk down the hallway and past the receptionist. Lando slides his hand in mine as we're leaving and I shrug it off, "What are you doing" I say to him laughing. He pulls me close to him making me stop for a second, "We're in a relationship for the media, remember?" He says sliding his hands back in mine. I blush, "Shit yeah my bad" I say. We walk to lunch and paparazzi start to flash cameras in our faces. It's always annoying when this happens. There's not much freedom to just walk about. As we get to the restaurant, Lando spins me around and kisses me deeply lowering me in his arms. The paparazzi go crazy. His kiss feels soft and eager, I just feel safe with him because he's my best friend which is why it feels weirdly normal to kiss him.