Blue Eyes And Pink Hair

Choi Beomgyu was born a star.
Similarly to Taehyun, his fate was set in stone the moment he opened his eyes.

His eyes that reflected the deep sea, passed down between generations of the Choi Clan.

They glistened; With flecks of gold and green swirling around the layers of blue, which  confirmed to every that he would be the heir to the water element gift.

Like the other classic elements, gifts were held in the family, and passed between generations. They could skip a generation, but would never be gifted to someone outside of the family.
It was like a seal binded these families to their element, and therefore they became the four noble clans in the supernatural world.

Or well, three noble clans.

The Choi Clan, which wielded the gift of water, the Kim Clan, which wielded the gift of air, and the Park Clan, which wielded the gift of earth.

Nobody knows what happened to the fire element's clan, but it had been decades since anyone had conjured the fire gift, and therefore
it was known to be extinct.
Although the classical elements are powerful, rare, and admired, the supernaturals who wield their gifts are also feared.

Granted, it'd be hard to not fear the most powerful people in the world, however, with the creation of limiters, (and the lack of fire element supernaturals), the fear had boiled down to mere intimidation.

So when Choi Beomgyu was born, eyes as blue as the sea, his family knew they'd been truly given a gift.

His mother, Choi Yuki, had cried tears of joy as she held her baby boy in her hands, thanking the god's that they were able to produce the heir of the water clan.
His father, Choi Minho had jumped with joy, rushing to call the extended family and tell them the great news.
And his older sister, Choi Marin, sent in a request for her most prized possession, a crystal earring, to be made into a limiter for her younger brother.

She wore the other one, which acted as her limiter, but seeing as she wasn't strong enough to necessarily need both, she felt it'd be the best gift to give to her brother on his day of birth.

The day Beomgyu was born, August 31st,
a day equally warm as it was crisp, was a gift to the family.

And as Beomgyu grew older, he was loved more each year.

From a young age he was shown some of his abilities, and taught himself how to use his gift long before he was anticipated to.
Beomgyu was smart, but also incredibly hard working, and all he wanted to do was make his family proud.
He was their star, after all.

He learned all about the water element, the strengths and the dangers his powers held, and he was already an excellent gift wielder way before his sixteenth birthday.

The night before his enrollment, he sat in the living room of his family's castle in Daegu.
Although it was a castle, the family made an effort to have a very homely, warm vibe to it.
Since the castle was passed from generation to generation, they had free range to decorate the entireor as pleased.
It had mainly blue tones, with white and wooden accents.
Even the fireplace emitted a blue flame, and motifs of water and fountains were scattered around the property.

Beomgyu sat with his family, going through photo albums of his childhood and eating cookies together. It'd be their last family night until Christmas, so they made their effort to make it a memorable one.
His parents and sister were so incredibly loving, and although he'd miss them dearly, he also knew how excited they were for him to reach his full potential.

Not to mention he wouldn't be alone, he'd be going to school with his two closest friends since birth: Soobin and Huening Kai.

He was excited about starting high school, and even more excited to be at the Academy, where he could finally master his gift.