Pretty Smile

No matter how desperately he wished to skip school once again, Taehyun had to reap the consequences of last week's mental health days.
Considering it was merely the second week of school, Professor Kim urged him to come to classes this week, seeing as he missed all the introductory material of the first week classes.

As much as Taehyun wanted to stay in his safe space, a part of him was also curious about what they'd be learning in Gift's lessons as second years.
Especially since the Parfait Playoffs would be this year, and their age group qualified to participate.

Last year they simply discussed the history of supernaturals and the basics that came with wielding a gift.
But, it seemed that Professor Kim was really excited to teach their section this year, because this class would be where the students began to properly explore their gift and its abilities.

So, after being guilted into attending this week's classes by Professor Kim and Irene, Taehyun figured there was no point in fighting the inevitable.
That's the reasoning he'd chosen to acknowledge, of course- It was totally not the burning desire to see a certain blue-eyed boy again- Nope, definitely not.

On this Monday morning, he arrived exactly three minutes early as usual to get to his seat in the back next to the window.
Once seated he opened up his sketchbook to its most recent page.

Over the weekend he had another private lesson with Professor Kim and Irene, (which is how he got guilted into actually attending lessons), and the rest of his free time was spent working on a new sketch.

It was another sketch of the boy who held the ocean in his eyes, once again from Taehyun's perspective.
Beomgyu was drawn as if the viewer was looking slightly up at him, in the form of a portrait.
His lips turned up into a slight smirk, and his crystal earring dangling. Once again, his eyes were in color; different shades of blue and green, with flecks of gold. But, this time, the earring was also highlighted, with a light blue and silver, to accentuate the moonlight reflecting off of it.

His eyes sparkled with moonlight as well, and it was clear that Taehyun had drawn the image of Beomgyu standing over him in the hallway on Friday night.
Beomgyu's brown hair wasn't as kept as it usually is, with a few strands dangling over his forehead, and sticking out at the top of his head. It showed a side to him that Taehyun admired, this comfortable but frenzied Beomgyu.

As Taehyun admired his drawing, he noticed how intimate the depiction really was. This was a Beomgyu that few people have likely seen; one with less composure, and maybe a little scared.

He was so raw in that moment, and even more beautiful than he already is.

Taehyun's face reddened as soon as he realized that he had unintentionally drifted into a daze while admiring his piece, and the class had already started.
He suddenly shut the sketchbook, making a loud clapping sound.
He looked up frantically, only to meet eyes with Professor Kim, and the entire class.

Taehyun sheepishly smiled and immediately lowered his head, profusely apologizing under his breath.

Professor Kim let out a deep sigh, but decided against calling the boy out in front of the class.
He cleared his throat, turning his back to continue writing on the board.

"So, as I was saying- Today we will be separating into pairs. Our first real lesson will be about finding your muse. I know you must know a little bit about this from the first year session, but allow me to delve into the importance of finding your muse!"

He wrote the word MUSE in bold letters across the board, before dropping the chalk and moving around his desk to stand directly in front of the class.

"As you know, the best supernaturals are those with a clear connection to their gift. In other words, in order to unlock your full potential as a gift-wielder, you must find your muse; otherwise known as your gift 'mental state'. Most supernaturals discover their muse during their developing years, and it's usually an image, item, or moment that you can visualize mentally while using your gift. If your muse is strong, it can aid in accessing your gift's full potential. The practice of shifting into your muse, or this mental state where your full power is accessible, is something that is to be learned, practiced, and mastered. Although some of you likely already have your muse, I believe this exercise will be beneficial in both strengthening your muse, or perhaps finding a stronger one!"