"y'know, you're my best friend forever ellie"

warnings: modern day, language, talking about car accident, GINORMOUS TW. blood, trauma, domestic abuse, sexual assault, speaking on an attempted suicide. this chapter is very triggering please dont read if you get triggered from any of these. this is not based off of anything that has happened to me personally

sorry for the spelling errors!

this is basically just a back story on ellie's and the reader's childhood

ellie is 14 you (angel) is 13

Chapter one

writers pov

ellie's mom (anna) and your mom (mary) had grew up together, always shared toys with eachother, shared eachothers food, always went on double dates together with their s/o's, got pregnant together, and then gave birth together. basically did everything together and told eachother everything. when you were younger your mom had suffered from a severe car accident on the way to pick you up from school and was paralyzed from the waist down and lost one of her legs making it to where she had to use a wheelchair and also needed lots of help, but after years she gained more upper body strength and didnt need much help. for the time your mom had the accident ellie's mom offered to have you guys stay at her house since there was an extra room for your mom and you could stay in ellie's.

at the hospital after the incident

you didnt remember much from when your mom had the incident you blurred it out mostly, one thing you did do was blame yourself and cry. what else were you supposed to do at 8 years old when all you were told was "im so sorry honey, your mom has been in a bad accident she was on her way to get you when it happened." ellies mom, then hearing "shes in a coma right now. the person who called 9-1-1 said they saw her swerve right into a semi. shes lucky to even be alive!" while the doctor was talking to ellies mom. you practically broke down even more after seeing your mom in the hospital unconscious, bloody and bruised face, the doctors said that the bruises on her face were most likely from the air bag but ellie's mom didnt believe that for a second.

your moms boyfriend (dan) at the time was very aggressive towards you, always yelling at you for doing stupid kid things, he never hit you, but he would always yank your mom around aggressively but you never saw him hit her, he'd only do it when you weren't there or asleep.

he'd never dare to hit you ever, but he would touch you inappropriately or judt get too close to your private areas. shorty after that he'd start sneaking into your room at night when your mom was asleep removing your covers and start touching you (then would do more but im not going itno detail about that so if ykyk)

13 year old angel's pov

"we're pretty sure that the bruises on her face are from the air bag" the doctor says to ellie's mom "yeah right!" ellie's mom scoffed letting go of mine and ellie's hands and crossing her arms and shaking her head then looking at the doctor "her stupid fu-!" she then cut herself off remembering there was an 8 and 9 year old next to her sides "can you get someone to wait in the waiting room with them please? i need to speak to you" ellies mom says to the doctor in more of a calmer but stern tone. the doctor nods and gets a nurse to sit out in the waiting room with you and ellie. "anna please! no i wanna stay with you dont go!" i say starting to tear up again. "honey i promise it will be okay, i will be just a few minutes okay?" i then wipe my eyes and cross my arms pouting. a sort of short lady comes walking from the doors of where the rooms of the hospital are.