✦𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭✦

🄲🅁🄴🄳🄸🅃🅂 🅃🄾: steller-constellations

𝗢𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁 𝘁𝘆𝗽𝗲 『fluff』

✦ᴀɢᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴍᴜɪᴄʜɪʀᴏ
✦ᴅᴇᴘʀᴇssᴇᴅ! ɢɴ! (ʏ/ɴ)
✦ғ/ᴄ = ғᴀᴠ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀ

        I’m tired, I’m always tired. Despite that, I have many sleepless nights. I can’t sleep at night, never at night. There’s demons to kill; and I’m afraid of them.

        I’m afraid of what I work with on a daily basis; it hurts seeing the things that killed my family. They took away my happiness and I feel numb without them. Despite feeling like this, I feel that I want to help others, to help avoid the same thing that happened to me despite the exhaustion and pain it brings me. Even then, I want to help everyone but myself. I don’t quite deserve happiness. I shouldn’t even be alive right now. I should’ve died in that attack. 

        But he saved me. The Mist Hashira, Muichiro Tokito. He took me to the Butterfly Mansion and after I got healed by the nurses and he made sure I was alive. He didn’t have to, but he did. I asked many questions about him, his nichirin, his life. Many answers he did not remember, but the ones he did know, I paid extra attention listening to.

        When I found out he had terrible memory and forgot stuff a lot, I was shocked to find him at my healing room. If nobody reminded him of me, than he remembered someone as unimportant as me. It warmed my heart to see someone care for me, even if they were probably doing it out of pity. Despite that, after I finished healing and taking a test to make sure I was good to go, I couldn’t leave. 

        I didn’t know what I wanted to do in life until I met him. I know I wanted to save people, but I didn't know who I wanted to be. Now that I did, I realized I wanted to see him all the time. I confessed to him that I wanted to become his Tsugoku, to undergo excessively difficult training to become a Hashira. I didn’t want to become a Hashira nor did I care about it, I just wanted to become a stronger demon slayer and see him everyday. 

        When I told him that I wanted to be his Tsugoku, he was…confused. I had to explain to him what a Tsugoku was because he forgot, but once he understood, he thought about it then decided to accept. My first day of training began immediately after he accepted as he drew out his Nichirin and swung down at me. I ducked and drew mine out. 

        “Your nichirin is f/c?” he asked, almost out of thought yet dull. Despite him seeming out of it, I knew he was focused and in a battle-state mind.

        “Yes! It is my favorite color.” I responded. When you get your Nichirin (having another alias as the Color-Changing Katana), you unsheathe your weapon from its holster; it’ll change color based on the owner. 

        “Okay." He simply pushed it aside, ready to give another swing.

        That day I ended up with many bruises and scars. He didn’t have the energy or time to go easy on me at all. I couldn’t even land a single hit on him. He never went easy on me, because the enemy wouldn’t show me mercy.

        For months, it was me being brutally defeated. He was untouchable, unattainable, but I’m stubborn. I would reach for the stars if I really wanted to. And one day, I was able to graze his cheek with my Nichirin.

        “O-oh!” I stammered. “I’m sorry! Are you hurt?” I immediately questioned, throwing my Nichirin on the ground (only for him to get right back up and attack me).

        Yeah, that bruise still hurts even though it's long healed...

        I cared for Muichiro deeply, to the point where I started recognizing my feelings as love, an emotion I didn’t know I was capable of after my family’s death. Even though I was aware of my feelings, I kept them quiet from everyone. Muichiro couldn’t even remember my name, and he finally started remembering that I was his Tsugoku.