✦𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐲✦

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: wnllow

You watched, you watched as the clouds moved, slowly but surely when you put enough focus into it.. you watched until they eventually walked out of your view, as if embarrassed at such a focused and intense gaze.

your katana lay beside you, your guard lowered. How pathetic, a demon slayer laying on the soft, open grass..their most precious weapon left, unattended.

your swordsmith would most likely kill you.

but it felt nice, to finally let go of the tension and nervousness that a demon could jump out and maul you.

and you were on break anyway.

Your view of the clouds became flushed by petals, blue petals that danced in the sky like ballerinas, there were so many it could almost be mistaken for spring, but the orange-tinted leaves that glided across the air, lower than the petals told you otherwise.

you let your eyelids fall to rest, feeling the cold autumn air breeze through your and the grass as it whispers sweet lullabies to you, almost lulling you to sleep.

almost, you refuse to fall into sleep's embrace once again.

So, you force your eyelids open that were reluctant to and you were met with hazy, turquoise eyes, ones with no thoughts behind them but with all the thoughts in the world behind them.

his eyes don't light up with realization to who you are, much to your disspointment.

"Who are you?" he says in that blunt voice you've come to be familiar with, though the voice is nice, the words sting.

But still, you smile at him softly as you did all those times, patting the space beside you.

"why don't we find out?" you offered to him, it doesn't matter if he forgot, you'll gladly offer again and again and maybe one day? he wont say those three words but instead.. "hey" or maybe "i know you.."

he accepts, though he does not why, he is compelled too. as if he knew you wouldn't lay a hand on him.

the silence is comfortable, as you both watch the clouds in peace.

one day, you repeat to yourself. one day, he'll remember. But for now, let's just watch.