✦𝐀 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞✦

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: theyslaydemons

Muichiro turned over in his bed, eyes rapidly moving behind his closed eyelids. He was deep in REM sleep and in the midst of an awful nightmare.

A blurry figure was sprawled out on the floor in front of him. While the figure was shadowed and unrecognizable, the blood all around was a bright neon red that outlined the figure making it clear that the figure was missing an arm. 

Muichiro felt frozen in front of this figure, unable to take his eyes off the grim scene. Who was this?

His heart ached as if this person was someone beloved to him, but no matter how hard he tried he could not make out any distinguishing facial features.

Suddenly in the dream, a hand was placed on his shoulder as someone called out to him, "Muichiro-".

Muichiro spun around to see you. However, it was an equally terrifying sight. Your face was badly injured but no blood ran down your face. Instead, you appeared as though your body had been dead for quite some time. Part of your face had started to decay and maggots squirmed out of your skin.

An abrupt scream coming from his own body woke him out of his nightmare. Muichiro shot up straight in bed gasping for air. Placing a hand on his chest he began to regulate his breathing and catch his breath. Immediately after he rushed out of bed.

You were on a solo mission not far from him, he knew he could be there shortly to ease his mind off his nightmare and ensure you didn't need any help. Even though he should have been focusing on resting for his mission tomorrow, he knew he wouldn't be able to sleep without seeing you were safe.

He arrived at you in a few moments, just as you had finished off a demon. You turned around sensing the approaching presence of someone.

"Oh, hi Tokito! What are you doing here?" You asked the Hashira.

Muichiro did not respond but instead, swiftly wrapped his arms around you and brought you into a tight embrace.

"Is everything alright?" You asked, taken by surprise to the Hashira's affection.

Muichiro pulled away to kiss the tip of your nose, "It is now," he responded and rested his head on top of yours, not intending to let you go anytime soon.