Chapter 1: Before

Nothingness.

Darkness.

An endless void of shadow.

From the shadows, 12 figures formed from the nothingness.

"Where are we?" 4 asked.

"I'm not sure. There's...nothing." 11 replied.

"Well then..." 1 spoke.

The 12 figures slowly faded into physical forms.

Each one creating their own human shapes and bodies.

They stood in a circle in the shape of a 12 pointed star, looking down at the floor equally between them all.

"What do we do?" 6 asked.
"Unknown. What is our purpose or destiny?" 10 asked.

12 stepped forward, arms crossed and looking around.

"I say we create something for us to fulfill our lives. We may not have a purpose, but we can make one." 12 said.

"How would we be able to make our own purpose?" 1 asked.

12 looked around at his siblings, smirking as he waved his hand beneath them.

The endless void they stood on began to turn into pure light, showing all of their human bodies watching as existence was created.

12 continued to move his hand, light and energy and space and time all being formed in front of their eyes.

"Brother, stop this." 1 spoke with a demanding voice.

12 stopped, slowly turning to face him as the light continue to shine and pulse, illuminating their bodies in the still endless void that stretched into every other direction. Darkness everywhere except for beneath their feet.

"What is the problem?" 12 asked, a sly smirk on his face.

1 stepped forward. He was dressed in gold clothing, an elaborate cape and crown adding to the over the top choice of clothing. He had formed it himself, looking down at 12 with an annoyed look on his face.

12 chuckled as his own clothing formed.

A black and dark blue jacket/robe combination. Around his torso was like a stiff jacket, the collar popped up sharply to cover his neck while it progressively became looser and more flowing as it went further down his body. He put his fingers together in front of him as he stared forward. Hair began to appear and form over his head, as if being willed into existence. Black, short hair covered the top of his head while a short goatee covered the lower half of his face. His eyes became piercing blue, cutting through the shadows.

1 watched before his own hair formed. A long mane of blonde hair and a clean shaven face. His eyes were bright green, and his skin slowly began to grow more and more pale, a bright shade of white that reflected the light off into every direction.

2 stepped forward, but stood just behind 1 and looked over his shoulder. Her hazel colored eyes were visible in the darkness, even when her body was more obscure. She had a more feminine body, wearing a dress that was golden like 1 while elaborate flowers and jewelry covered most of her entire body.

"We should not be fighting. Let us see what 12 is thinking." She said, turning her gaze straight to 1. He turned to stare into her eyes, a scowl visible before he stepped back into place.

12 chuckled and gave 2 a flirtatious smirk before he clapped his hands together, rubbing them together quickly before quickly and suddenly punching straight down into the ground.

The light and energy suddenly exploded out to surround them. The dark void becoming a ever changing canvas of multicolored light and gradience that moved slowly around them, like a sphere of art moving around them with different colors moving at different speeds. All of their bodies became fully illuminated, showing off the forms and clothing that they each chose for themselves.