Chapter 3: The Sound of Existence

The 12 beings watched as yet another Universe formed around them. This time, everything was accompanied with sound.

The star formed with an intense, violent roar of fire burning and being compressed into ever hotter flames. The dust created small worlds, the sounds of rocks forming and smashing together ringing out.

More and more things formed and took shape.

More clouds of dust created more stars and planets, the Universe expanding more and more.

The 12 watched in amazement while 1 made his way towards the star. The star grew larger and larger as he approached. 1 then reached out, the star able to fit in the palm of his hand. Smaller than a single speck of dust.

"These things are not worth our time. We were created for a purpose that we must figure out, not to waste time in creating things that don't matter."

1 crushed the star in his hand, turning the ball of pure fire into nothing but shattered dust.

He opened his hand, the dust a small pile in his palm.

"But what if this is our purpose? To create. To bring life to...wherever we are." 11 said.

1 turned to her with a dirty look as he turned his hand, the dust falling out and joining the rest of the Universe, suddenly forming into dozens of other celestial bodies.

A system grew larger and larger with multiple stars. The system split and became multiple systems, all on their own.

The dust began to connect the systems, going wider and wider. Larger and larger.

A spiral galaxy formed, containing everything that existed while the Universe continued to expand.

The 12 watched as the galaxy slowly formed, but there was something that began to form in the center.

Something that was as dark as the void they came from.

"What is that?" 8 asked.

1 stepped closer, but even then it was with fear.

He reached out, but felt a strange sensation. He jumped back, curious and confused.

"I'm not sure. But...we need to stay away from it." 1 said.
"Shouldn't we be able to destroy it?" 5 asked.

"No chance. Look at it." 4 responded and pointed.

The small ball, spinning rapidly while made of pure darkness, suddenly grew larger and larger. Rapidly expanding nearly faster than the Universe itself. Swallowing anything and everything around it. The entire galaxy is gone in moments, swallowed by this...black hole.

All of the 12 looked fearful as it only grew larger and larger.

They all waved their hands, the Universe suddenly disappearing in an instant.
And back the dozen siblings were in their void. Their homes sat untouched in darkness.

Everything back to the beginning.

Like nothing had happened at all.

"What...was...that?" 12 asked.

1 turned quickly, his cape flapping as he marched off into his large castle.

2 looked at 1, then at 12. She made her way over to him, standing close.

"Can we go inside?" She asked.

12 nodded and lead her into his small home.

All of the other siblings began to crowd around and talk, sharing their ideas and thoughts.