Chapter 8: Coping Through Creation

12 was sitting cross legged.

Sitting on the expansive white floor that stretched on forever.

Surrounding him, hundreds of Universes all sitting and rolling around.

Each one unique and special, all running themselves without any input from their creator.

He finished another, tossing it into the pile.

His hands clasped back together, rapidly creating another in seconds.

He placed the stars and planets. He put life on each world to live.

But then he tossed it away with the others.

They smashed together, some even exploding out or collapsing in.
Universes ending and beginning over and over, an endless cycle.

12 had dried tear stains on both of his cheeks, struggling to catch his breath or see through his blurry vision.

Another Universe made and tossed aside without care.

"Should we talk to him?" 4 asked.

He had shrunk down to be the same size as the others, his body still muscular but not too exaggerated.

He was standing next to 5, who had grown slightly taller with longer hair.

"I think we have to leave him alone." 5 replied softly.

"For how long?" 4 asked.

"Who knows. Maybe forever." 5 said.

"What do you think he's doing?" 10 asked.

11 stared at her Brother, clearly suffering.

"He's coping through creation. He doesn't know what to do, only how to distract himself." 11 replied.

12 created another Universe, filling it with spaceships flying around at lightning fast speeds, yet were so small inside of the vast Universe it looked as if they were standing still.

He tossed it aside, rolling along with others.

2 was beginning to make her way over, trying to carefully step in between the floor covered in bowling ball shaped Universes.

She could see millions of lives being lived, all in close proximity to each other.

Two Universe rolled together and stayed, their surfaces touching and grinding against each other.

"Brother?" She asked, moving closer and closer.

12 kept his back to her. His spine had formed a curve, so long going with the shape and not being straight.

"What are we supposed to do?" 8 asked.

"Nothing...we wait." 7 replied.

2 slowly sat next to 12.

"Do you wish to talk?" 2 asked.

12 just created another Universe, full of planets that were completely covered in flowers. A beautiful sphere with colors everywhere.

He tossed it over his shoulder, creating another that was filled with stars that gave ice rather than heat. Cold stars spinning with planets forming around them.

"Brother, we know it is hard without Brother. But you can not keep doing this forever. They are so unorganized. This is not what you would've wanted." 2 said, trying to lean closer.

12 did not say anything.

He just tossed another Universe aside.

"Brother, at least look at me." 2 said, grabbing his shoulder.