I'll Be Your Water

They allow her to take the mask as a trophy. They think it’s the least they can offer after her great battle and victory. Such a small and insignificant looking ooman-di [female human], yet, so filled with the same kind of rage as the hish-qu-ten [yautja] as well as the spirit to backup and execute said rage.

One watches even closer, but they do all watch her from behind both their invisibility cloaks and the darkness of the treeline. She takes the mask with blood trailing in the grass behind her and the small yapping four-legged beast guiding her away from the scene. They watch her go, and they don’t move until they know she is long gone.

They move in then. The two Elders standing watch as the group of four collect both the young thwei’s [blood’s] weapons and body parts.

The hish-qu-ten was young and reckless and a little too hot-headed, but they take in the fact that this was the young thwei’s first ever contact with humans. That this was his chance to level up in the ranks to becoming an Elite, and that he was too eager and overexcited when they finally granted him that option. They had only kept him back for these things alone, otherwise, he’d been a very promising sain’ji [warrior.]

As the soldiers continue cleaning up the gruesome sight, The Elders talk quietly between themselves.

“What do you think?”

“I think I have a cjit [shit] load of scroll work ahead of me. Another rest end week day down the gutter...”

The younger Elder laughs, clearly missing the other’s sneaky glance as he says, “I think we could add her to the gene pool. Could make for an interesting specimen somewhere down the line.”

The elder Elder considers this, says, “We would have to wait until she dies. We cannot take her now. She has bested one of our own.”

The younger Elder nods eagerly. “Of course we will honour our code. That is the point of why we harvest the genes.”

“Very well.” The elder Elder nods, both of them now turning to follow the rest of their group back to their ship. He stops at outside of the ship, waiting for the others to board before he turns with a smirk and says, “You will be the one to return for her corpse. How will you know when she dies?”

The younger Elder almost stutters at the surprise of being assigned such a jovial task. He may be the newest amongst The Elder ranks, but he is still an Elder. He tries not to let his irritation show in his voice when he replies, “I will send one of the Elites to watch over her. I’m sure any one of them will be more than happy to carry out my command. After all, they are still my sain’ji mei’hsweis [brothers.]” He then fights back a smug smirk when his Elder arches a brow and looks impressed with him not just bowing down. Still, his irritation grows into full anger at the reply he gets.

“No. No, I think we will take her now.”

“But–“

“Oh, yes, I forget that you were not included in my new plan.”

“Wha–“

Before the younger Elder can turn around, his confusion as well as his question is smacked right out of him. The Elder rips his mask off in one hard tug before hitting him in the face with it. He falls to his knees with a hard thud, already dizzy as he tries not to slip down into a limp mess of limbs.

“Wha–“

His head swims too much for him to even form any words now. He’s simply helpless as two of the soldiers come marching back out of the ship, flanking him before hauling him up. He groans as The Elder uses his metal mask to smack him across the face again.

“We are taking her now. We are starting the next stage in our evolution now. So, congratulations, Grave Strike of the Deathwalk Clan, soon you will be father to that next step.”

Greyback (the name his little one will later give him)—the younger Elder’s eyes widen in shock horror. But he is still too dizzy to try to speak. He doesn’t really get much of a chance to anyway as the soldiers haul him up into the ship, his feet dragging along the floor.

They dump him in cryo status then, for how long, he won’t know until (or even if) they decide to bring him back out.