Beyond the Void (part 1)

((Season 2 Alternates meet the Season 1 gods))

Sparks

He had searched everywhere. After finally locating her temple in the End, his goddess appeared in front of him.

Her change of appearance didn't even register with him. The moment she materialized in front of him, the past few months of pain and loss melted away.

"What do you want, Sparklez?" She asked, gasping and nearly falling over when he pulled her into an embrace, kissing her passionately

"I missed you so much." He whispered when he pulled back slightly, not noticing that she hadn't reciprocated.

"Sparklez... what?" She sounded shocked, offended even... and that was enough to make him step backwards and take her in.

"Ianite... you've changed." He said, absorbing her new, much more ethereal look. "What happened?"

*smack!* his cheek stung. "What happened to me? What happened to you!?" Ianite spat angrily, wiping off her lips with the back of her hand. "What made you think you could kiss me?"

"But... my love... we've been apart for so long..."

"Have you forgotten about Capsize already?" She replied, and the air around them crackled with energy. Spark stumbled back, flinching. "I would never have guessed that my champion would have moved on so quickly."

"But my love..."

"Why do you keep saying that?"

Spark fell silent, staring at the regal woman who was so familiar, yet somehow so different from the way he remembered her.

"What has gotten into you, Sparklez?" The strange, warped version of his true love asked him. "Why did you kiss me?"

"We're... we're married." His voice rose up slightly as the end, and he hated himself for even questioning their love. He couldn't help it... something was wrong here. Very, very wrong. "Don't you remember?"

"I have no idea what in the world you are talking about." Ianite replied, though the bite in her voice was starting to be replaced with the same confusion that he was feeling.

"But... Martha... Helgrind... our children...?"

Ianite was silent. Spark turned away, tears springing to his eyes. Something had happened to them. Something had not gone to plan. Either way, his Ianite was gone.

Country Bat

Country Bat curled up in the topmost branches of the abandoned tree, ignoring the faint flickers of the glowing stones from the central trunk of the tree. She sniffled slightly, shivering as a chilly breeze rustled the leaves around her.

She'd searched the entire day for Mot and Sparks, finding neither of them despite searching all of the usual places. They were nowhere to be found. She'd seen Jeriah once, but stayed clear of his path of destruction as per usual.

She hadn't seen Mot in over a week. Ever since they crashed in this strange new land, he'd been... different. Distracted. She couldn't blame him, but she'd barely seen him since they landed. He'd been spending a lot of time in the Nether, searching for something.

She wiped away a tear with one hand, leaving a trail of dirt across her cheek. Suddenly, a man in white appeared beside her. She screamed, nearly falling out of the tree as she shied as far away from him as possible.

"Are you okay?" The great god Mianite asked, and she was confused by the kindness in his voice. She flinched when he touched her shoulder.

"Please don't hurt me." She whispered. "I wasn't doing nothing, honest."