Beyond the Void (part 3) (fin)

Dianite opened his eyes, adjusting back into having a physical form for the first time in what felt like centuries. True, centuries passed at the blink of an eye, but still... he'd missed the simple pleasures of having a body.

"What have you done?" Ah, the poor boy was trying to get a hold back on his body. Good luck with that. A mortal, even if they were as abnormally strong as he had been, simply could not overthrow a god that they had willingly invited into their body. And despite the violent nature of the possession, Mot had been tricked into willingly offering his body up for him.

"What is going on?"

"Oh, I've taken over command of your body. Sorry old chap, it had to be." He replied, inspecting the hands he now had full control over. The green splotches would take some getting used to, but he appreciated the extra durability the disease had granted the mortal.

"Why me?"

"Well, why not? After all, you were oh so willing to help me. Nursing me back to health, spilling your own blood to aid my recovery... Really, I could not have asked for a better follower."

"What are you doing? Let me take back control!" The poor soul was panicking at this point. He couldn't blame him... by now, the boy had realized that his feelings for him were entirely misplaced.

"Too late now, I'm afraid." Dianite mused. "Now, to the business at hand..." The god waved a hand, and a ripple of power shook the foundations of the building. The sounds of scraping stone and shifting rock filled the air for a few moments as the temple aligned itself once more into its state of pure glory.

The more he adjusted to his new form, the more his powers returned. Removing the sacrificial dagger from his side, he watched as the wound closed up before his eyes. That's better.

"Ah, it's good to be back."

"What are you doing?"

"Making up for lost time." Dianite grinned. "Now, let's see... what to do first? Hmm, I think I'll pay the Overworld a visit. It's been a while. I'm sure my dear brother has been worried sick."

The mortal immediately began to protest, but his pathetic cries were easy to ignore. After a brief moment of concentration, the power of flight manifested itself once more. He cast one last look about the temple before stepping back into the Overworld.

Sunlight. How awful. Dianite surveyed the bright green grass, colorful flowers, and clear blue sky with a sense of disgust. It'll burn soon enough. Everything will. He was rather behind on his carnage quota, after all. He had some catching up to do.

"Oh what a beautiful morning... oh what a beautiful day..." He sang lightly as he surveyed the surroundings. "I almost feel bad." Unfortunately, his sister was too far away at the moment to sense his presence, but he would attend to her shortly. He had other things to do for now.

"Dianite. What have you done?" Dianite spun on his heel, plastering a sarcastically cheery grin on his face.

"Oh hello Mianite! My name is Mot! I'm super happy and and cheerful and willing and gullible and... guess what? I'm totally in love with your brother!" Dianite mocked, ignoring the outcry the mortal was causing in the back of his brain.

"How?" Mianite wondered, seemingly taken completely by surprise by his sudden appearance. Well, he couldn't blame him.

"Oh, long story. See, your brother is a charming guy. He's just so nice. He needed my help, so I spilled my own blood for him. Once, twice, three times, every day for the past month... but that's okay, it's the least I could do for such a lovely person as him! He's really quite a nice fellow." Dianite put on a fawning tone, fluttering his eyelashes mockingly. "So handsome..."