He's Got Good Taste (Syndisparklez)

((College AU. Jordan lives in a single-bed dorm room and one night, a very drunken Tom stumbles on in. Shenanigans ensue.))

"Mmm, and if I have a 3M solution and I dilute it with 100 millilitres of water, the new molarity is..." Jordan trailed off, watching as the paper blurred in front of his eyes. He took off his glasses and rubbed his palms into his eye sockets as he slumped further forward onto his desk. Gotta study. Can't... fail... the test.... His eyelids began to droop.

BANG! The door burst open without any warning, letting in the sounds of the party that had previously been muffled.

"AAH!" Jordan immediately jolted awake, overbalancing and falling out of his chair onto his dorm room floor. "What the heck?"

"Heyyyy theeerrreeee..." a drunken voice slurred, and as Jordan scrambled to his feet he got a better view of the sudden intruder. Blue hair... empty jaeger bottle in hand... Jordan searched his extremely tired brain and finally came up with the name.

"...Tom?" He asked hesitantly. Immediately, Tom's face broke out into a wide grin."

"Ye, that's me name. Don't wear it out." He giggled. Then he paused.

"Bathroom's through that way." Jordan muttered, pointing at the wide-open door. Tom glanced around in confusion, and Jordan sighed. "Come on dude, let's get you out of here before you puke." He grabbed Tom by one slack arm and was relieved when the drunken man followed him willingly. However, once they actually got to the bathroom, Tom refused to go in alone.

It was after many eye-rolls and a resigned sigh or two that Jordan found himself guarding the door while Tom threw up repeatedly into the toilet. After several long minutes, Tom unsteadily got to his feet. He made a beeline for the door, which Jordan held open for him. Jordan assumed he was headed back to his dorm, but instead, Tom followed him back into his room.

"Niiice rooom..." Tom said, wobbling back and forth in place as he stared around Jordan's room. Suddenly, Jordan became extremely aware of the messy state that his room was currently in. Half of his bed was covered in sheets of notes and doodles.

"Erm, thanks." Jordan scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, trying to subtly collect all the papers into a smaller pile on his bed. "Look, dude, I don't know why you're here right now, but I really should get to sleep-"

"You're kinda cute, you know?" Tom said, observing Jordan with his head tilted at a slight angle curiously. "You get flustered so easily..."

Sure enough, Jordan's face flushed bright red. "Um, Tom..."

The blue haired man suddenly yawned a massive, jaw-splitting yawn. "I'm sleepy." Jordan barely had time to grab his notes before Tom flopped down onto his bed where they had been just a few minutes before.

"Um... dude..." Jordan gave the man a half-hearted poke after a few minutes, but he was ignored. Jordan sighed loudly. He'd had the luck to get a single, which also meant that the bed Tom had just claimed was the only option available. Jordan didn't have a couch, and there was no way in hell he was going to sacrifice a good night's sleep before an important test by sleeping in his desk chair or on the floor. "Good god."

Jordan hesitantly tried to edge around Tom, and the other man mumbled something in his sleep and moved slightly to make more room. Well, maybe this isn't so bad... he mused before sleep quickly claimed him.

* * * *

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

Jordan groaned, blinking sleepily as he flailed around and finally managed to hit the button to turn his alarm off. He tried to sit up but he seemed to have a seatbelt wrapped around him. What the hell?

Rolling over slightly, he nearly hit a familiar blue-haired man in the face. Oh. Right. Tom's here. Glancing down, he realized that the reason he couldn't move was that Tom had a death grip around his waist. Jordan tried to shimmy out of his grasp gently, but it only made the still fast-asleep man hold on tighter.

"Ahem, Tom..." Jordan muttered. Tom didn't react in the slightest. Jesus, the dude was a deep sleeper. "Tom. TOM." Finally, Tom's deep brown eyes opened.

"Mmm." He murmured, and buried his head in Jordan's chest. If it was possible for Jordan to blush any more than he already was, it was what was happening right now.

"Tom, I have a test in twenty minutes."

Immediately, Tom's head shot back up. His eyes opened wide as he woke up properly. "Wha- oh. Oh dear." Jordan was finally released as the other man rolled away from him, falling off the bed onto the floor on the other side. He popped up after a few seconds. "Holy mother of hangovers... hang on, who are you?"

Jordan's heart clenched for a fraction of a second. "I- I'm Jordan." He stuttered. "You... erm, you came into my room last night and you kind of refused to leave."

"Oh man." Tom facepalmed. "Dude, I am so sorry." He sighed. "I knew that party was a bad idea. Look, I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable-"

"It's ok. I got pretty good sleep anyways." Jordan rushed out, and he promptly regretted it a half-second afterwards. He blushed once more, glancing at the floor.

"How drunk was I last night?"

"Very. You wouldn't go anywhere without me last night. I had to guard the door to the bathroom while you threw up." Jordan made a face. "You claimed my bed too."

Tom snorted. "Sorry about that dude- you sure you're ok with me? No hard feelings?"

"No hard feelings."

Tom smiled, exposing bright white teeth as he studied Jordan once more. "Hmm, I must not have been that drunk. I had pretty good taste."

Jordan's eyes widened as his mouth opened slightly. His cheeks must have been permanently tinged a bright shade of pink. "Um..."

"Sorry for crashing here dude, but thanks for taking me in." Tom said. "I lost track last night, but I must admit whenever I get drunk it usually doesn't end anywhere near as well as this did."

Jordan was completely and totally taken aback by Tom's open flirting- and even more so by the fact that he absolutely loved it. Jordan had never really considered a relationship with anyone, much less another man, but he had to admit he was starting to. "Erm..." he replied, eloquent as usual.

"I'll leave you to your last-minute studies." Tom said, grabbing the empty jaeger bottle he'd discarded the other night with a brief grimace. He left Jordan standing there dumbly, but he paused in the hallway before sticking his head back into the doorway. "My room is on the next floor. Third door on the right. Stop by if you'd like." He winked once before closing the door behind him, leaving Jordan quite speechless.

Well, that just happened...