A Businessman's Bargain (Syndianite) (NSFW)

((Tom lands himself in Dianite's debt and, after some deliberation, pays it back in an unexpected and rather enjoyable way. Contains some rather kinky smut.))

Tom shoved his weapon deep into the body of the armored zombie for what felt like the millionth time, watching with distaste as the creature finally fell. His weapon, while admittedly not exactly weak, seemed to be getting duller as time went on. Whether it was because the material was actually degrading gradually or whether the monsters were simply getting stronger, he didn't know. Either way, it was getting frustrating.

I need something better. He thought, turning to face another of the armored monsters. But where to get it? Obviously, it'd have to be a godly weapon, as they're the best. I'm not going to have any luck with Mianite, clearly, and Ianite's still... well, dead. And now that Dianite's got his body back, that means he'll have more strength right? I'll ask him, I guess.

He took off, leaving the monsters behind as he flew to the community portal area, stepping through the one that deposited him on the outskirts of Urulu. The festival of celebrations for Dianite's return was only just starting to wind down, and Tom knew exactly where to find the god.

He was standing on the balcony above the city hall, facing the festival square with his hands clasped behind his back. His exposed skin glowed like a ruby as Tom approached him, heart beating very fast in his chest.

"Ahem." He coughed nervously, and Dianite didn't even flinch or turn around.

"Yes, Tom?" He asked, deep voice echoing off the walls of the surrounding buildings. "What do you want?"

"I... well, I was wondering..."

"You want a better weapon?" He finished the sentence knowingly. "Is the one you have not good enough?"

"No, no, it's not that. The Rewards of Loyalty did very well for a long time. It's just... well, I need something a bit more if I'm going to continue to serve as your champion in the middle of all this chaos." He reasoned.

"Hmm." The god hummed, thinking. "Well, I am a businessman, as you are as well. I'll tell you what," he spun around, amber eyes glowing brightly, "I'll make you a proposition. A trade, a sale, whatever you'd like to call it. I'll give you a better weapon, and in return you will be my debt until I see fit to call you in to repay me."

"What kind of thing will I be doing?"

"We shall see. There are many things a god needs from others."

Tom paused, considering the proposal. I mean, I am his champion. He wouldn't throw me into a situation that would kill me, would he? How bad can it get? He took the hand Dianite offered him, shaking it firmly. "Deal."

"Pleasure to be doing business with you." Dianite said, grinning widely and revealing his blindingly white teeth as he closed his eyes. There was a flash of bright white light, and a orb of fire burst into life in his hand. When the flames died out, a new weapon gleamed in the reflected lights from the festival. "Use it well, it doesn't come cheap."

Tom took the surprisingly cool weapon into his own hands, feeling a brief rush of nerves at Dianite's last words. "My lord." He said, inclining his head briefly before Dianite turned his back on him and Tom took off back into the dark. Yes, this weapon would serve him nicely, but was it worth it?

Tom heard nothing for nearly two weeks. The blade carved through the monsters with ease, but he was constantly concerned about what exactly Dianite was going to ask him to do. He was very eager to please his god and live up to the title of Champion of Dianite, so he was worried that if he failed he would fall out of his favor for good.