CHAPTER 21

Alexine

I tiredly woke up. I couldn't sleep all night long. I had to remember how I sewed up Kaan's wound and how he pressed his lips together, everytime the needle touched his skin. Now he has to wear a big bandage around there and we had to promise not to tell anyone about his wound on his stomach. When Lilith asked him why, he just murmured something like 'jay' and 'not a big deal'.

I hate it when he's saying this. It is a big deal, but it's his choice. I offered him my bed and that I would sleep on a mattress, but he declined, saying that he has to watch over Jay. I finally stand up and rubb my eyes. As I walk in the livingroom, I could see Jay sitting on the couch and drinking tea. Kaan was no where to be seen, not to talk about Nicolas.

I silently make my way to the couch and sit besides him, holding the distance as far as I could, so I wouldn't scare him. He takes a sip again, before staring at the table infront of him. "You don't have to act like I have a deadly disease that could infect you, you know?", Jay suddenly says without even looking at me.

I flinch. He seems to notice and puts his tea down, before apologizing. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude in any way. I'm just tired." For the first time today, he looks at me and I couldn't recognize any sparks in his eyes. I couldn't even read his emotions. I dont know if they were born with this gift or they had to learn it.

I shake my head and smile at him. "No need to, I understand. Are you doing better?" Jay looks at me, as if he hadn't expected this question. He clears his throat. "I think so. Thank you, Alexine. I know what you and..", he swallows, "..your friends did for me. I'll pay you back."

I honestly smile at him. He doesn't have to pay me anything, and he knows that. But Jay Harrington has a big ego, he wouldn't be himself when he wouldn't do something to pay the person back. I know that he's a good person deep down, but I don't know why he tries to hide it behind all his troubles.

"Where's Kaan?", I ask without thinking. Jay grins at me and I could feel the redness on my cheeks. It's probably because the sweatshirt I had on was too hot, and the windows weren't open. "He went buying food", Jay speaks.

Kaan went what?

"Excuse me?", I ask again? Wasn't he injured just hours ago? And now he's buying groceries? Jay seems to notices my worry and calmly says:"Come down. He said he's doing alright now. I'm not stupid to let him go out injured."

Oh, if you knew, a voice suddenly says in my head. I bite on my lower lip while thinking about if i should tell him. But I choose not to.

We we're sitting silently on the couch for over 10 minutes when I heard a loud knock on the door. Kaan is finally back.

I jump on my feet, walking fastly up to the door and open it. But it wasn't Kaan.

Nicolas was standing infront of me, his hair all over his forehead, his knuckles were red from the cold and he held his helmet on his left hand. How did he even find us? I didn't expect him here, so I shockingly stare at his dark brown eyes. I never really looked at them, but right now, there was something that seemed off. Like if he wears contacts or something. Or maybe I'm just paranoid because of Kaan and Jay.

He seems relieved to see me, but his gaze turned cold when he speaks. "Alexine. Where the hell are Jay and Kaan? And why did the mailbox always came on when I tried to call you or one of the others?"

How can someone sound pissed and worried at the same time? I couldn't react, but he just walks in without hesitation and finds Jay finishing his tea, on the couch.

Nicolas suddenly stands infront of Jay, who stares into the empty glass down. I can't figure out if he didn't noticed Nicolas or if he's just ignoring him. Before Nico was able to say something, he noticed Jay's bandage on his hands. And as Jay finally looked up, he clenched his jaw so hard together that even I could hear a click.

"What the fuck happend to you, Jay?", he grabs Jay's shoulder and Jay responds with a painful grimace. Nicolas immediately let's go. "Fuck, what happend and where the hell is Kaan? I tried to call you forty-fucking-seven times."

Now there was worry and anger mixed in his voice. Jay points at his right eye that was surrounded with the colors of blue and green. "Alessandro happend."

Nicolas clenched his fists so hard together, that his knuckles turned instead of red, white. "You met Alessandro? And he dared to even touch you? Where is he?" He almost spits the last words out. Jay just shakes his head. "We told you to stay away from him, Nico. I don't want to repeat myself, nor do I want you to get hurt."

Now the worry dissappered in Nico's voice. There was just pure anger. "Hurt me? Are we talking about the same person? One kick and he's dead."

"Forget him, he's not worth it", was the only responds.

Nicolas lets himself fall on the couch besides his best friend and there was a smile on his lips when he wrapped an arm around Jay's shoulder, who groans in pain.

"Take your damn arm off me, Nicolas. I'm injured."

-

They got my heart😞💕

I'm weak for good friendships🙄😭

A few updates from my life🤙🔥:

A whole bunch of girls threaten to beat me up the next time they'll see me (I hope I won't end like Jay and Kaan||jk)
If you ask why, then it's because my 'best friend', who backstabbed me, told lies about me. And if you'd ask if I'm scared: definitly not.

But If I won't update anymore, then you'll know why

ANYWAYS, THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND DONT FORGET TO VOTE❤️
See you in the next chapters! LOVE YOU