Answers

The radio was faintly heard in the car. Alex sat next to me rubbing his palms on his jeans and tapped his fingers here and there. I could tell by his actions he was a bit nervous. 

Continue on current road. Slight right as you approach the fork. 

I looked at the navigation system, that lit up the entire car. I followed the arrow, hoping this was the last obstacle that we'd have to tackle. I wanted this to be our entrace to finding Kendra. I prayed silently, over and over in my head. I heard the thumps of my heart beat race towards my ears.

Riley's address was about two hours away from Aunt Macy's. I was kind of glad it was pretty far, I didn't need any more harm towards anyone.

I looked at the navigation once more, the remaining time read 11 minutes. 

My heart sped as we got closer to the destination.

"You okay, Zack? You look like you're about to have a heart attack." Alex joked. 

"I feel like it." I remarked. 

Take a right, your destination will be on the left. 

I gulped at the lump in my throat. I checked the clock on my dashboard. 

4:38.

"This better be worth losing sleep over." I said, mentally praying again. 

Alex chuckled,  "Dude, you haven't slept since Kendra's been gone." 

I shrugged my shoulders and approached Riley's house. 

I stared at the house, looking for the house number. I wanted to make sure it was the right address. The house was old. You saw the exterior paneling was once white, now it was a shade of brown and muck of green. Some parts were tattered and torn. There was mold growing along the bottom. The yard wasn't even green anymore. The grass and trees surrounded it all died. In all honesty, it looked like an abandoned home. 

"You sure this is the right address?" I heard Alex ask. 

"It better be." 

I turned the key, cutting the engine off. I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out. I heard Alex's door slam behind me. I approached the old, creepy home. As Alex and I stepped onto the wooden stairs, it creaked making the hairs on the back of my neck stand. 

I opened the broken screen door and knocked on the dirty front door. I brushed my hand onto my jeans.

We stepped back, hoping for the door to open. 

We knocked mulitple times, waiting for an answer. 

Nothing. 

My heart was up in my throat on the last knock. 

"No ones home, man." I heard the saddness in Alex's voice. 

I heard him turn away and go down the noisy steps. My feet were glued to the porch, staring at the beat down door. 

"No," I said, turning on my heels and walking towards Alex.  "We're finding this mother fucker." My hands balled into fists.

"Zack." Alex said, his eyes looking at me like I'm crazy.  "We knocked for thirty minutes. No one answered. " 

"I didn't drive 2 hours for nothing." I retorted. 

Both our heads snapped back to the house, as we heard a loud commotion coming from the back of the house. 

My breathing quickened. I gulped down my spit and nodded towards the house. I looked at Alex as he nodded in return. 

I knew we were both creeped out, but I wasn't backing out. I was going to do everything and anything to get her back, safely. 

We walked around the side of the house, leaves and crisp dead grass crunched under our feet. Alex stayed closed to my side as we saw a dim light source coming from the backyard. As we walked further into the yard, we approached a dimly litted light that hung over the hood of a vehicle. We saw a very tall lanky man bent over the hood of a truck. We couldn't see his actual appearance with the light in front of him, all we saw was his silhoutte. 

As we came to a halt, the man quickly turned around. 

*Kendra's POV*

I lifted my head off of the sunken in pillow. The side of my face was drenched from all the tears. I sat up and leaned back to the cold, dirty wall. I turned my head to look out the one tiny window I had in this room. It was dark outside. I read the clock on my phone, 5:03 am. I've become my own prisoner. I never left this apartment room. I'd only leave to eat, and that wasn't often. I could never sleep. I just rested my head on the beaten pillow. I'd get up every twenty minutes or so, looking outside hoping that one day I could see Zack's face again.