My Hot Roommate (Zack Merrick)

"Kendra, hunny? You awake?" I felt the edge of my bed sink in, knowing my Aunt was there. I opened my eyes to see her face.

My Aunt Macy was probably one of my best friends. She took me in when my Father got into a car accident. My Mother went crazy and left me. She was the closest thing I had to a parent and I was glad it was her who was my guardian. We were kind of close in age. I'm 22 and she's 30 something. She didn't feel like my Aunt, she felt like a sister to me. 

She was average height. She had dark brown hair and had flawless skin. Sometimes I envied her for it. For me, well I was pretty ordinary. My Aunt always told me otherwise. She always said I was beautiful and she'd kill to be me.  I always rolled my eyes at her. 

I opened my eyes and saw her, already dressed for the day. Her hair curled and her makeup perfect. 

"Another date?" I asked her, with a smirk. She was always the one to go out on dates. Every week it was a different guy. She always said never to settle and just have fun. I mentally laughed to myself, she  thinks like a teenager. 

"Uh, no." She lifted both her eyebrows and gave me a look.  "Robert's taking me out for the weekend to his cabin." She smiled and wagged her eyebrows. 

"Robert, ay? This is the 5th date. He's probably the one." I joked. She rolled her eyes at me and smirked. 

"Shut up." She laughed as she got up from my bed. "I won't be home until Monday night, okay? You have the house all to yourself." She winked. "Have fun. And stop looking for townhouses, okay!" She yelled from the other room. 

I've been looking for apartments or a townhouse, so I can move out on my own. My Aunt has been nagging me to stay and that she'll be lonely but I doubt that. With all the guys she's been dating, she'll never be lonely. 

I heard my phone beep. I rolled over and saw that I had gotten a text from one of my good friends, Shane. I've known him since middle school. 

Shane: Hey Kendra I think I found someone who's lookin for a roommate. Bad news tho, it's a dude.

Me: I dont care. Lol Come over. 

I threw my phone on the other side of my bed and got up. I walked over to the kitchen and made some cereal. My Aunt walked out with a small luggage. 

"Alright, girl. I'm heading out now." She frowned at me. She walked towards me and hugged me and gave me kisses on both sides of my cheeks. "I'll text you when I get there."

"Alright. Have fun. Be careful. Love you." I spoke to her as I walked her towards the door.

I watched her throw her stuff into the car. She waved at me once more and drove away. I watched her rear lights dissappear into the street. I closed my door and continued eating breakfast. I heard a knock at the door. I ran to get it and hugged the man who stood there. It was Shane. He was an average guy, but I liked it. He was good looking as well. 

"Hey!" He smiled. He walked in and plopped on the black leather couch. 

"So, whose the guy looking for a roommate?" I asked, anxiously.

"I don't know him. His name is Zack, it's a friend of a friend." I nodded, that wasn't really a bad idea. I just hoped he wasn't a jerk. "I already told my friend about it he told him already." Shane continued. 

"Does he know I'm a girl?" I asked. Shane nodded. 

"Yeah he knows everything. He's cool with it. My friend told me that his job makes him leave a lot so he won't be there all the time." Shane informed me. I let out a long breath. I relaxed a little, atleast I didn't get to see him all the time. 

A couple hours later, Shane had texted his friend to tell Zack about me. We pretty much confirmed everything. He told me the directions to the new townhouse. Shane and I would be going over there in a little bit to check it out. Apparently, it's a really nice neighborhood. There's a lake in the neighborhood. I was super excited. 

Shane and I threw on our winter coats and headed off to the apartment.

We pulled up to this gorgeous building. It was a white building with nice big windows. It had a nice cobblestone pattern going up the walkway with little lights to light up the walkway at night. It was gorgeous. I couldn't wait to go in. We walked inside. My mouth dropped. The townhome was everything I could ever ask for. It was super spacious. The ceilings were high. It had nice white walls and beams going across the ceilings. The kitchen had marble countertops and a big island that people could sit at. There was a staircase that lead to upstairs, where you could look down at the living room. There were only two rooms, both pretty big. I wouldn't mind getting the smaller one. We had a nice big window that overlooked trees and a part of the lake. It was breathtaking. The whole house was empty though. 

"He hasn't moved in yet?" I asked Shane.

"Nah, he just bought it. He wanted a roomate first. He's moving in when you move in."  

I felt my stomach turn into knots when he said 'when you move in'. It felt unreal. But in reality, I was moving.

Shane and I left the house and headed back to my house.

"Let's celebrate tonight." He said.

"I'll cook dinner!" I chirped. "Come over tonight."

He smiled at me. I saw his cheeks go red but he turned away. I leaned in to give him a hug to say goodbye.  I got out the car and slowly walked up the walkway, trying not to slip on the ice. I hated winters. I got into the house and texted my Aunt Macy. 

Me: I have some news. 

Aunt Macy: Good or bad. What is it? 

Me: I'm moving. :)

There was no reply, instead my phone was ringing. It was Aunt Macy. 

"Hello?" I asked, unsurely. I was scared of what she would say. 

"Hey, so you're moving. Even when I clearly said to stop looking for houses?" She said, serious and sadness mixed in her voice. 

There was a big lump in my throat, but I managed to push it back down. I knew this was the right thing for me. I had to grow up and do my own thing.

"Yeah." Was all I said.

It was silent.

"I went to look at the townhouse already. It's nice." I said, trying to break the silence.

"That's good. You happy with it?" She asked.

"Definatley." I smiled. I couldn't wait to move.

"Well, that's all that matters." I heard her voice sound relaxed. "So have you met your roommate?" She asked.

"No. It's a friend of a friends of Shane's. It's a guy. His names Zack."

"A guy! Kendra, you shouldn't room with a guy, what if he's hot. You can't.." I heard her rant on, but I cut her off.

"Aunt Mace, his job makes him leave all the time so even if I wanted to make a move, he'd probably be gone or something." I rolled my eyes. She always thinks of sex or relationships with men. I feel like she should be the child sometimes. 

I continued to talk to her for a little bit longer, talking about how I'd be moving over the weekend and stuff. We ended the conversation. I made a list of grocceries that I'd need to pick up for the dinner Shane and I would be having. I grabbed the list and my purse and headed into my car. I drove to the  store and bought all the ingredients I'd need. I bought some snacks that Shane and I could munch on. On the way home, I stopped by the liquor store and bought some drinks for later. 

I pulled up to the house and started to unload the car. It took me about 3 trips to my car and the house to get all the grocceries into the house. I went back to my car to close everything and lock it, making sure I didn't forget anything. But a noise from across the street caught my eye. I saw a man on the ground and a box that scattered all the stuff that it held. 

Immediatley, I ran across the street making sure I didn't slip on ice. I walked into his yard and ran towards the man on the ground. Suprisingly, he was young, around my age probably. I saw his eyes meet mine. His hazel greenish eyes were radiant. His messy hair was in a beanie, under the hood of his jacket. I stared at his flawless face, that had a nose ring. I saw the corners of his mouth start to turn up, slightly smiling. I started to giggle. 

"Are you okay?" I asked, looking at the man on the ground. He got up and brushed off all the snow on his coat.

"Uh.." He looked embarresed, he struggled to get a word out. "Uh, yeah." He laughed. "Heh. I'm fine. I just got uh, side tracked by something across the street. I'm fine though." He let out a chuckle. 

I raised my eyebrows at him. He turned a bit red and smiled. I smiled back at him, I looked at the ground and saw all his stuff scattered. I bent down to help him get all his stuff back into the box. He had a lot of musical stuff; magazines, books, picks, guitar strings, bass strings and a bunch of other stuff. I was pretty impressed by all the stuff he had. 

"Oh, it's okay. I got it." He bent down and put all the stuff back into the box. We both got up together, looking at each other.

"Uh, thanks." He smiled, motioning towards the box that was on the ground.

"Oh yeah, no problem." I smiled. I looked into his hazel eyes but quickly looked down. He was truly gorgeous. "Um, I better get going." I said, walking towards the gate. "Be careful. Watch out for ice from now on, alright?" I said, turning back towards him. I gave him a smirk and walked towards my house. 

I got into my warm, toasty house. I started to cook the meal and set the table. I texted my Aunt Macy.

Me: Since when did a cute boy live across from us?! 

I sent the message and smiled. Thinking about the nameless guy across the street. 

Aunt Macy: Too bad you're moving ;) 

I nodded at the message she sent me. Too bad I was moving, it was just my luck.