Time Flies

We held each other for a moment, watching our beautiful scene. A smile never left my face. He walked me over to my chair and pulled it out for me. 

I did a little head bow, thanking him.     "Such a gentleman." I joked, getting a tiny chuckle out of Zack.  He walked around the table, sitting in his chair. I looked at him, the candlelight reflecting in his green eyes. I just smiled back at him.

A middle aged man walked towards us, pushing a cart. Beautiful gourmet platters rested on top. He greeted us and set our meals infront of us. 

"Enjoy." He bowed and walked away.

I wiggled my eyebrows at Zack, "Oo, fancy." I joked. He rolled his eyes and dug into his food. We had tiny chats inbetween our meals, talking about how gorgeous everything was. As we finished, we laid back into our seats and let out a long breath. 

"Can I ask you something?" I asked, he nodded. 

"Tell me why you really did all this.."

His eyes stared at mine, never glancing away. He just shrugged and smirked.  "I just wanted to have a good last night with you."

The warm tingly feeling rushed back into my stomach. I looked down and my smile started to fade away. I couldn't help but repeat, 'last night with you..' in my head. I didn't want this night to end, the clock just ticked closer to Zack's departure.

"What's wrong?" His concerned voice asked. 

I quickly looked up and put on a fake smile.   "Nothing, I'm fine."

Zack got up from his chair and tugged on my hand. I got up, parallel to his body. His scent rushing around me. He walked me over towards the railing of the ship. We both looked out, a slight breeze rushed over us. I felt his warmness around me. He placed his hands on the railings, one on either side of me. He pressed his face into my neck, making me tilt my head. 

"Tell me what's wrong, please." He mumbled into my neck, making my knees quiver.

I shook my head, not wanting to speak. I felt his hands on my waist, turning me around. I leaned my back onto the railings and looked into Zack's eyes. Our faces were inches away from each other.

"Kendra, please tell me." His face was soft but concerned. I shook my head again. I didn't want to tell him what was really wrong. I didn't want him to feel bad. His hands caressed my arms. Sparks ran up my arms. 

"Kendra. Tell. Me." His voice, stern.

I gulped on the ball that was in my throat.    "I don't-." I stopped.

"You don't what? Tell me?"

"I don't want this night to end. I know you have to leave tomorrow, but I just-. I don't know. I'm gonna miss you." I softly yelled. I studied his face. His eyebrows were pushed together, but as I finished my rant his face softened. His eyes dropped to the ground. I was facing the top of his head.

"I'm sorry. I don't want to feel like  a burden to you. I don't want you to be worried or stressed during your tour." 

"No, it's fine." He pulled me into a hug. He rested his chin on my head. "I'm gonna miss you too." He spoke softly. I shut my eyes, embracing this moment.  

I shivered as another breeze rushed over my bare skin. I felt his grip get tighter.

"We should get going, you need some rest." I spoke. He looked at me and tried to put on a happy smile. He intertwined our fingers and walked me down the stairs, until we reached the main floor. As we opened the door, there were balloons tied everywhere. There was confetti all over the place.

A group of smiling faces, stood in the middle of the room:  Jack, Alex, Rian, Cassadee, Aunt Macy and Robert stood before me. 

"Hey!..Suprise!..Woo!.." Everything started shouting and clapping. I had no clue what was going on.

"You threw a suprise party, for you leaving?" I asked, confused. Everyone started laughing. Zack laughed and grabbed me into a hug.

Everyone gathered together at one table. Rian brought out a cooler, serving drinks out. The entire time everyone just talked about good times. We talked about random stuff. The room was filled with laughters and happiness. It definatley got my mind off of tomorrow. 

I glanced at the left side of the ship, where the windows were looking towards the sidewalk. I saw some guy, staring at us. He looked really familiar. I began to blink more and saw the guy run away. I didn't know if I the alcohol was kicking in or if I was just seeing stuff.  I shrugged it off and just continued to have a good time with everyone. 

About an hour and half later, we wrapped everything up. I didn't have too much to drink so I was good to go home.

Alex, Rian and Jack walked up towards me and hugged me. They all said something like, 'see you soon' or 'call me if you need anything.'  Cassadee walked up to me and said her goodbye and told me to text her sometime. My Aunt Macy and Robert said goodbye to everyone and left. 

Everyone had left, leaving Zack and I last to leave. He walked me towards my car.

"I'll meet you at the house." He smiled. I nodded and got into my car. As I turned on my lights I saw something run towards the trees. It looked like some man. It looked like the guy that I saw earlier through the window.

I started to freak out. I turned on the radio, trying to calm myself. My hands started to shake and get sweaty. I wiped my hands on my dress. My heart started to pound. My breathing became harder. I didn't know what to do. I looked all around my car, making sure no one was there.

Beep-Beep!

I jumped super high in the air, until I realized it was Zack's car next to me. I grabbed my chest, trying to relax. We both rolled down our windows. 

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, you just scared me." I laughed. He shrugged and started to drive. I followed Zack. I felt somewhat comfortable with Zack infront of me. I started to sing to the songs on the radio, trying to forget what I had seen.  

We finally reached the house. I pulled up next to Zack and walk over towards the entrance of our home. It still felt unreal that it was our home.  

I walked into my room and dropped on the bed, my face buried within the pillow. I felt the bed sink in next to me and a big arm wrapped around me.

"Ahh.." I heard Zack let out. I peeked open my eyes, watching him stretch. He was super cute. He rolled over, to look at me. I shifted my position, now we were facing each other. I had on a tiny grin on my face. 

"Call me if you ever need anything, okay?"

"I know." I nodded, painting on a smile.

He pulled my in closer with his big arms. I felt his face in my hair.

"I'm gonna miss you." He whispered. I looked up at him, looking in his green eyes.

"Me too."

I fell asleep in Zack's arms. It was one of the best sleeps ever.

"Kendra, wake up. I gotta go." I felt his arm on me, rocking me back and forth. I slowly opened my eyes to see Zack already dressed. I turned to look at the clock.   6:28.