[6] WHERE'S THE EYE STRAIN?!

The lights powered on, making Moon screech.

"NO SUN, NO SUN!"

You watched as moon reached behind his head, clawing at the wires attached to the back of his head. Moon struggled against them, trying desperately to grasp something you had no idea what it was. His movements were becoming increasingly erratic as he flailed his arms about wildly.

The sound of something smashing to pieces filled the air and before long, you could faintly hear a series of metallic clanking sounds. When you looked down, you saw shards of metal scattered around, covering the ground surrounding Moon's figure. He seemed to calm a bit after seeing the destruction and his movements began to slow down, finally stopping.

"No... Sun..." Moon uttered, sounding tired, "...no sun... No Sun..."

"Moon?" you called, worriedly looking up at him.

Moon blinked his red irises twice, gazing down at you confusedly before his gaze wandered towards the broken pieces that had previously covered the ground. After a moment or so, Moon slowly turned to face the door seeing that Vanessa had returned. You heard Moon loudly growl at Vanessa, startling you.

Your body moved automatically, rushing past Moon and standing directly in front of him, blocking him from attacking Vanessa. Moon glared at you, his lips curving upward slightly in amusement as he regarded your actions. Your face flushed with embarrassment as you stood there, frozen, refusing to remove your body from its position. You didn't know why you did what you did, but you trusted your instincts.

It wasn't exactly rational behavior, but you wanted to make sure Vanessa was safe, which is why you stood in front of Moon to protect her. The fact that you thought protecting her outweighed getting hurt was completely irrelevant to you.

"Move." You flinched at Moon's low tone, but didn't budge. "Don't be stubborn," he continued to growl menacingly at you.

"[name] what is going on here? How is Moon still out?" Vanessa asked, surprised.

"Out?" you questioned, glancing at her.

"Yeah. When the lights are on Sun is supposed to be out. Did something happen?"

You glanced back at Moon. His expression showed that he was struggling to keep himself from lunging at anyone. You sighed, unsure of what to say. Moon was clearly agitated and obviously wanted to shed some blood.

"Moon broke something on the back of his head..." you trailed off, gesturing towards the pile of shattered metal near him.

Vanessa audibly groaned in frustration. "Are you serious?! He broke Sun's chip?! Damn it..." Vanessa grumbled, before sighing. "I'm sorry [name] but can you handle taking care of him until we can make a new chip?"

Despite not knowing what else to do, you nodded silently.

"Hey! I don't need to be baby sat like some little baby!" Moon yelled in annoyance, his irritation escalating.

"Calm down," Vanessa ordered, annoyed by Moon's outburst.

A few tense moments passed. You could feel your muscles tighten as you awaited his reaction. Moon growled again before letting out a frustrated scream and readied his stance slightly, clearly fighting the urge to launch himself at Vanessa.

"Moon," Vanessa spoke calmly, "We will not have another problem. If you behave yourself then I promise we won't punish you for this. Is that understood?"

Silence met her command, allowing her to continue speaking.

"...understood?"

You hear Moon hiss quietly under his breath. His claws flexed they trembled in anger. Vanessa simply stood there awaiting his answer expectantly. She remained in that posture for several seconds before Moon finally replied through clenched teeth, "Fine."

Vanessa exhaled deeply, relieved that Moon agreed to cooperate, even though it was clear that he wasn't happy about it. "Now, as I was saying..." Vanessa started, trying to steer the topic away from Moon.

"I'll get someone started on making a new chip then. I'll go and notify Jessica about this," Vanessa stated, turning away.

You watched as she exited the room, and you shifted your gaze back to Moon, who stared down at you angrily, clearly not calmed down from what had transpired earlier. A slight feeling of discomfort spread through you, causing you to shiver uncontrollably once more. Despite the uncomfortable sensation you experienced, you kept your eyes trained on Moon. You knew that if you tried to look away, you would likely end up a bloody corpse. A means of releasing his anger.

"So, what now?" you questioned. You weren't entirely sure what to do next, or if there even was anything to do. Moon remained silent for a moment, clearly contemplating your question, before deciding on a reply.

"Do whatever you want," he stated, "I've already done enough today." With that, Moon swiftly turned and pulled himself back unto the air using the wire you forgot he had still connected to his back. Before you could even comprehend his actions, he had already disappeared into his tower.