Day 8

My heart raced as I walked up to her door. Today is the day. Today, me and her will talk about everything, us, her condition, these past eight days, we must set things straight.

I was about to knock until I heard faint voices.

"You will only hurt yourself and..."

I know it's bad to eavesdrop but I couldn't hear that well due to it being too muffled. So is it really eavesdropping?

"I could care less about me. It's...and...decision so leave it to..."

I knocked on the door making the two come to a stop. I heard shuffling along with footsteps before the door opened revealing the girl that my heart has desired to see since last night.

"Beomgyu! I'm so glad to see you." She brought me into a soft hug. My arms nervously wrapped around her small frame as I took in her warmth. My face felt hot and my heart felt like it was about to jump out of my chest.

"Glad to see you too Y/n." I smiled down at the girl as I rested my chin on her head.

"Let's talk, catch up." She took my wrist and dragged me inside. Her brother seemed out of site and I no longer saw or heard him.

"Where is your brother?" I asked to scared to take my eyes away from the hallway. One wrong move in this house and I feel like he would easily crush me.

"He's grabbing his stuff for work. He's about to leave so we will have plenty of time to talk. I also suggest we stay in the apartment today due to me not being fully better yet from you know...the events. Now stop being so shy and come sit down with me." She patted the seat next to her.

I stiffly sat down next to her, I rubbing my sweaty palms on my knees. Am I really ready to ask all these questions? What will I even ask?

No, that's wrong...

what I'm really scared of...are the answers she may give me.

"Y/n if you aren't fully better yet then why did you come back." My voice almost came out as a whisper. She shook her head with a teasing smile.

"Asking already? Just wait until my brother is gone. Even though he pretty much knows everything you may ask, I prefer privacy over his deadly glares at you and me. I'm sure you prefer that too, right?" She arched her eyebrow in question. I immediately nodded.

As if on cue, her brother walked out the hallway with a stern look.

"I'll be back before dinner. Also if you even start feeling the slightest-"

"I know, I'll be okay. Go now." She chuckled. Her brother hesitantly nodded before leaving. There was a moment of silence before she spoke up.
"So Beomgyu, I owe you many answers. Feel free to ask any of them. I'm prepared to answer any and all questions." I looked up at her then back down at my hands.

"Y/n, why did you keep it from me? There is no need to ever lie to me. I am a understanding person that only deserves the truth." I nervously but my lip, ripping some skin off in the process.

"I'm sorry Beom. I was scared what my disease would do to us. I didn't want my final days with you to be miserable. Not to mention I didn't want you to treat me differently than any other human being. You're right in every way possible, the truth was the only thing you deserved and I failed to give that to you." She admitted. I didn't want her to blame herself cause I differently don't blame her.

"I respect your decision. Sure, it did hurt a little knowing that even Hyunjin knew about your condition before me, but I know now. I absolutely loved every moment with you before I knew and I have no doubt I will love the rest of our moments." I blushed as I continued to look down at my hands.